Head of Research (VP, CSO)
This role will play a pivotal role in shaping the scientific direction of the company. The role requires a dynamic leader with a deep understanding of the biotechnology industry, strong scientific expertise, and a proven track record of driving scientific innovation and drug discovery.
- Define and lead research strategy, planning, and execution to build the company’s drug discovery engine in accordance with company’s overall R&D strategy (including but not limited to target ID/validation, hit and lead identification, lead optimization and nonclinical development);
- Oversee all aspects of research, including the discovery and development of new programs;
- Oversee corporate IP strategy and maintenance of IP portfolio;
- Author and review the regulatory documents of IND, NDA/BLA for NMPA, FDA, and EMA as related to drug discovery and non-clinical studies;
- Serve as an internal and external champion of science and technology platform for all relevant stakeholders (e.g., scientific/industry community, regulatory authorities, investors/BOD);
- Oversee the management and growth of the research organization including talent recruitment and retention;
- Develop and manage the company's research budget, including resource allocation and funding strategies;
- Represent AlphaGen Therapeutics at scientific conferences, industry events, and in engagements with key stakeholders;
- Help developing and promoting core company values and lead by example;
- Support other company activities as needed.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field (biology, chemistry), extensive experience of small molecule, peptide or ADC discovery in oncology;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in senior scientific leadership roles, experience within the radio pharmaceutical industry is a plus;
- Proven track record of building robust and sustainable R&D pipeline;
- Demonstrated strong execution capability to work with internal and external teams to advance product development;
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing scientific teams and projects;
- Exceptional business acumen with the ability to align scientific initiatives with corporate objectives;
- Experience of working with global (China, US, EU) multidisciplinary teams;
- A strong passion for pioneering advancements in the field of radioligand therapies.
How to Apply:
Together, we can bring breakthrough treatments to patients globally.
We are looking for highly qualified and motivated individuals who are excited to bring life-improving medicines to cancer patients.
At AlphaGen, we aim to navigate a host of multidisciplinary challenges—discover and develop compelling R&D programs; work closely with local and global partners to bring technologies into China and around the world; and bring a new class of life-changing therapies to an untapped market.
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for radiopharmaceuticals and a desire to make a meaningful impact on healthcare, we encourage you to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "[Your desired position] Application - [Your Name].