Senior Backend Engineer
AppsFlyer is known for its massive backend production. At any given moment, thousands of servers are consuming 100+ billion mobile app events, crunching our users’ data, serving requests, and communicating on a massive scale.
iOS 14 is changing mobile marketing.
Apple’s announcement around new privacy guidelines for iOS has launched industry-wide speculation regarding the future of the App Store economy. As the leading attribution provider at the center of this ecosystem, we see it as our responsibility to provide fact-based guidance and support for brands with the measurement tools they need to succeed in the mobile ecosystem.
The iOS measurement group is an opportunity to join a complex, innovative standalone solution to seamlessly manage iOS Measurement conversion values directly from the AppsFlyer dashboard. A dedicated dashboard aggregates and centralizes iOS Measurement data, which includes consuming and validating iOS Measurement postbacks.
Software Developers at AppsFlyer shape and improve our microservice architecture daily, to provide the leading mobile analytics solution while using cutting-edge technologies such as Clojure, Go, Kafka, Spark, Redis, BigQuery, and many more.
We have a completely transparent, dynamic, and highly technical development culture. We deploy fast and very often, a matter of minutes from coding to production, while safely handling over 100 billion requests daily, requiring our services to handle massive scales of data at a fast pace.
What you’ll do
- Own and develop AppsFlyer products and features end-to-end - from design to production
- Solve diverse, complex problems at scale, with low clarity of the solution approach
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Software Engineers to deliver value to customers
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and stability of AppsFlyer’s products, environments and tools
- Continuously learn and evaluate new technologies in the everlasting effort to perfect our products and adapt to the ever-growing scale
- Make an impact on your team by mentoring others, leading projects and promoting engineering best practices
- If you're up for the challenge - Speak at meetups/conferences, write blog posts, contribute to existing open-source projects and release new open-source software
What you have
- 5+ years of development experience with a passion for excellence
- Strong server-side skills
- Experience with high throughput, low latency, mission-critical distributed systems
- Experience with large-scale production databases
- B.Sc. in computer science or an equivalent.
- A drive to get things done, especially as part of a team, while leading others
- Tendency to shine in ambiguous environments and to embrace changes while helping others cope with them
- Solid system design/architecture skills and a technological expertise
- Passion for mentoring and setting an example to your peers
- Drive to promote quality and lead continuous improvements in your team’s ways of work
- Experience in functional programming
- Recommended by an AppsFlyer employee
As a global company operating from 20 offices worldwide, we reflect the human mosaic of the diverse and multicultural world in which we live. We ensure equal opportunities for all of our employees and promote the recruitment of diverse talents to our global teams without consideration of race, gender, culture, or sexual orientation. We value and encourage curiosity, diversity, and innovation from all our employees, customers, and partners.