Internal Communications Manager
About this role and the impact you will have:
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference and drive internal communications for a high-growth business that is transforming the car buying and selling experience across the UK. We are customer-obsessed, data driven and collaborative and we’re on a journey to make buying a car no different to ordering any other product today.
As our Internal Communications Manager you will design and deliver impactful communication plans, strategies and campaigns that drive employee engagement and bring our mission, vision & values to life for every member of the Cazoo team. Your work would communicate and connect with a diverse group of people from all over the UK who work in roles ranging from software development and UX to vehicle preparation and retail.
For this role you’ll need to be able to work collaboratively with people across the business and you’ll need to be able to forge strong relationships at every level. You’ll need to be creative too – skilled at how to connect with a wide range of audiences via multiple forms whether video, voice, virtual and beyond.
- Take a hands-on approach to shaping and delivering the internal communications strategy that best supports the needs and goals of the business
- Own and execute the internal communications calendar and content to ensure seamless rhythm and cadence of communications for colleagues
- Implement and optimise internal communications channels and tools to maximise engagement and ensure timely delivery of meaningful key messages across all teams
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to provide communication expertise, counsel and support to a dispersed, cross-functional set of leaders and a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Partner with External Communications, Talent Acquisition, People Team Partners, Learning & Development, Senior Leaders and other stakeholders to support the overall people agenda and proposition
- Measure and report on impact and effectiveness of internal communications activity to help drive deeper engagement, impact and efficiencies
- Manage and develop your team, focusing on creativity, storytelling, new media, communications planning
- Manage a budget and external relationships with suppliers, such as design agencies.
We’re looking for a seasoned internal communications manager who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running. You will enjoy a fast paced environment and will feel comfortable networking with stakeholders and building strong relationships which enable you to drive impactful outcomes and results.
- You will have extensive experience of working in internal communications
- You embrace a fast paced environment where a pragmatic, resourceful, agile approach is required
- You’re a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative setting, building relationships and making change happen by working with others and taking a diplomatic, open-minded approach
- You’re able to build internal credibility and become a sought-after and trusted resource for communications advice and counsel
- You will have strong planning and organisation skills – ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and changing deadlines
- You have an impeccable command of English (both written and verbal) and you know the best way to communicate clearly and consistently across a variety of teams
- You’re enthusiastic, creative and resourceful – an energetic self-starter who is willing to take the initiative with confidence and drive things forward on your own – suggesting solutions and ideas, rather than waiting for instructions
- You’re pragmatic, hands-on and happy to get stuck into the detail and delivery of day-to-day activities, while keeping sight of the bigger picture and strategy
- You’re technology savvy and able to harness all types of media/channels that will engage our internal audiences
- You’re comfortable with data and analytics, and able to gather and use quantitative and qualitative insights to support your strategies and daily work priorities
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover
Something looks off?