Automotive - Bodyshop Prepper
Location: Marsh Lane, Portbury, Bristol, BS20 7XL
Hours: Full Time 40.25 Hours per week MON-SUN (554 Shift Pattern)
We're looking for an exceptional Bodyshop Prepper (Production Specialist - Prep & Masking) to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Bodyshop Prepper (Production Specialist - Prep & Masking) will be responsible for preparing vehicles for paint. You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practice to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparing vehicles for painting, as per the detailed instruction, and using appropriate
tools to rub down paintwork where small dents or chips are located.
- Preparing vehicles with masking paper to protect areas not required for painting.
- Rubbing down primer to a smooth finish.
- Using primer to cover chips or filled dents.
- Using the appropriate filling material, where small chips or dents need filling.
- After painting, using fine paper to remove blemishes and dirt in the paint.
- Attending all training programmes as necessary and when instructed.
- Using orbital sanders to remove small chips in the paint.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working area at all times.
- Sending completed vehicles to the valeting team.
- Rubbing down filler to a smooth finish.
- De-masking any masking paper.
Required skills and experience:
- Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e. Prepper, Bodyshop / Bodyworks Operative, MET Technician, Strip & Refit etc
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Team player.
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)
Something looks off?