Yard Team Leader
Bedford, PA, USA
Posted on Monday, April 3, 2023
The Compound Team Leader will be responsible for managing the Compound team in an effective and efficient manner. To ensure vehicles are in the correct location to enable the workshop to operate to its potential.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment with a hands on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practice to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
- Hours: Full Time 40.25 Hours per week MON-SUN (5/5/4 Shift Pattern)
What you will be doing:
- Ensuring daily stock checks are completed, highlighting queries, and notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Training new team members and ensuring the ongoing training and development of the existing team.
- Ensuring daily, weekly and monthly targets are achieved.
- Supervising Compound staff and reporting any issues to the Production Manager.
- Achieve the KPI’s attributed to this role.
- Regularly communicating with all departments to ensure maximum work flow at all times.
- Monitoring health and safety within the department and reporting incidents.
- Ensuring the effective use of human resources and equipment at all times.
- Monitoring work progress and acting on any issues of concern.
- Determining priorities and allocating work to the yard team.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
Key skills & experience required:
- Exposure working in a similar level role.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Team Lead / Management experience.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Process driven.
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)
See more open positions at Cazoo
Something looks off?