Vehicle Technician / Mechanic / Master Technician
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2023
We're looking for an exceptional Vehicle Technician (Master) to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
The Vehicle Technician will carry out diagnosis, service, repairs, PDI and inspections to both company and third party customer vehicles as requested.
What you’ll be doing:
- Diagnose faults on vehicles; road test as necessary (subject to appropriate licence)
- Repair, service, maintain and inspect all vehicles as requested by Workshop Manager and charge hand.
- Carry out vehicle inspection (routine and pre-MOT) according to Company schedules. Report to Charge hand and repair as instructed.
- Recommend to Charge hand specialist repair requirements
- Comply with Company and statutory safety rules within the workshop and throughout all vehicle repair operations.
- Miscellaneous workshop duties (e.g. parts fitment) on instruction from the Workshop Controller and Production Manager.
- Report any sub-standard work identified to the Workshop Controller.
- Deputise for Controller where appropriate and as agreed.
- To support the training of semi-skilled staff and trainee mechanics.
- Attend calls on technical issues to support next steps on problem vehicles.
- Travel to other VPC or CCC to support in diagnosing vehicle issues and finding cheapest repair methods in line with Cazoo repair standards
Required skills and experience:
- Master Qualification level
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience
- EV level 3 or above
- Full Driving Licence required
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- High attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
Why join us:
- A friendly and fast paced working environment
- Opportunities to work on a large range of vehicle manufacturers and models to help broaden your skill set
- Excellent shift pattern
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full training and continued support
- 23.5 days annual leave, plus an extra day for your Birthday
- Wellness fund - you are allowed to claim £100 per year for wellbeing
- Cycle to work scheme
- Healthcare provision
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Pension (5% matched)
See more open positions at Cazoo
Something looks off?