Assistant Management Accountant
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to join Cazoo as an Assistant Management Accountant, helping to build the UK’s best car buying experience.
You'll be working as part of our Finance team reporting to our Revenue Accountant. You will be responsible for the retail revenue process complete with payments, refunds, and reconciliations, and for the provision of ongoing support and assistance to the finance team.
The ideal individual will be prepared to roll up their sleeves and get involved in the detail. You will be expected to step in for the Revenue Accountant in their absence and represent the team.
The right mindset and cultural fit are critical in our consumer obsessed, dynamic, entrepreneurial, data driven, collaborative start-up, with a huge ambition to transform automotive retailing in the UK.
- Owning the retail revenue process, including reconciling payments and posting all transactions.
- Analysis and processing of customer refunds and additional charges.
- Assist with VAT reconciliations for both retail and wholesale sales.
- Month end tasks relating to retail revenue reporting to the commercial team.
- Monthly processing and reporting on ancillary revenue streams.
- Ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling and unsubstantiated items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Liaise with the partnerships team to establish validity of results.
- Identify deficiencies in the revenue process and assist with the development of additional key reconciliations, where necessary.
- Support with the interim, annual and half year audits.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
- Part-Qualified Accountant (with at least 1 year of practice/industry experience)
- Confident with data administration, reconciliations and excel related tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Something looks off?