Retail Pricing Analyst
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for a highly motivated analyst to join our fast-growing pricing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
As a Retail Pricing Analyst you will be responsible for improving the ways we purchase cars through better understanding what they will sell for. This will involve identifying demand indicators through analysis of past sales/purchase performance. You will actively manage our estimates to improve the quality of predictions and will support volume forecasting based on margin targets. You will be a part of the broader pricing team and maintain a close alignment to changes in our other pricing areas.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment, with a hands on attitude and a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to to improve profitability. You will be an integral part to making Cazoo not just the best place to buy a used car, but also the best place to sell a car in the UK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the performance of our sale price estimates at the point of purchase, improving our understanding of depreciation, market price and price position at point of sale for cars we purchase across channels
- You will have your finger on the pulse of the process that will help us review and price 1000’s of cars per week
- Conduct complex analysis including customer, competitor and market insights from internal and external sources to develop and validate recommendations on system and process improvements. Building scenario-based models to evaluate new opportunities.
- Support daily purchase pricing operations through manual generation of prices for consumers
- Develop succinct, insightful, data driven conclusions
- Work across stakeholders and partners internally to develop the best balanced solutions
- Spot and work collaboratively to fix any pricing/data errors.
Key skills and experience required:
- The successful candidate should have a strong analytical background
- A high level of skill using Excel (or Google Sheets) and other analytics tools (e.g., SQL,R) to process and interpret data
- A natural learner, comfortable in new situations and driven to find solutions
- Highly organised individual with sharp attention to detail
- Self starter who thrives in an environment with a high level of autonomy
- Data driven - ability to define and track the KPIs that really matter to the bottom line
- Comfortable working at pace and to multiple deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and manage your time
- A starter-finisher with a willingness to show initiative
- An ability to recognise opportunities and present solutions
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Something looks off?