Trunking Quality Specialist
About Cazoo and our culture:
In just four years, we’ve transformed the car buying experience in the UK and achieved record-breaking growth. Now we’re on a mission to no.1, and we’re seeking the best talent to push us onwards and upwards.
Right now, we are looking for people who want to maximise their impact – for their careers, colleagues, customers, and the communities they work within. People who want to learn with the best, take the initiative and love the challenge of working in a constantly evolving organisation. Driven to make a positive impact on others and want to be part of building a strong community at work. Who will value our unique fusion of industries and will collaborate, support and value others for the differences they bring.
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for an exceptional Trunking Quality Specialist to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying
any other product online today.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
What you will be doing:
● Work with all drivers across the region to ensure their driver training requirements are delivered and their drivers are safe and compliant.
● Deliver DCPC training in line with Cazoo quality standards.
● Deliver Peer to peer DCPC assessments on other driver trainers and report findings to line manager.
● Deliver driver core inductions in a timely manner to all new Cazoo core drivers, and temporary workers if required.
● Conduct on road pre employment, temporary worker, annual, post-accident, return to work and performance failings driver assessments in line with Cazoo policies and standards.
● Provide subject matter expertise and advice to H&S professionals to aid compilation of SSoW.
● Manage and keep up to date driver training records.
● Compose and update vehicle and equipment training sessions theory and practical.
● Plan and deliver classroom and practical training sessions for familiarisation of new or in-service equipment.
● Providing guidance and training on safety matters for managers and supervisors.
● Monitoring with operations driver performance through use of telemetry.
● Provide subject matter expertise on telematics system fitted to vehicle.
● Compiling safety and incidents statistics.
● Safe and compliant drivers across all locations.
● Training requirements delivered to all contracts in the region in time and efficiently.
We’re looking for some with:
● Must have LGV C+E license.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills.
● Have a working knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of the learners.
● Be able to demonstrate the ability to develop teaching and training material using the appropriate resources to support effective learning.
● Understand and have a working knowledge of the Goods Vehicle Operator License undertakings for the UK.
● Be able to articulate, check, and challenge EC Driver and UK Domestic hours legislation and Working Time legislation requirements and means of managing.
● Have an appreciation of vehicle maintenance and the Guide to Maintaining Roadworthiness, HGV MOT testers manual, and Categorization of Defects.
● Work confidentially, and with integrity, reporting all issues regardless as to working relationships, without fear or favour.
● IT literate.
● Experience of training assessing Driver Training Assessors (train the trainer).
● Accident investigation.
Wherever you work at Cazoo, you’ll have what you need to be at your best. Our rewards, benefits, and initiatives have been created so you can make a big impact on your career, your colleagues,
our customers and the communities we are a part of. Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including an annual bonus and 23.5 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary-matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial chat with one of our recruitment team followed by a selection of competency-based interviews with stakeholders and the hiring manager. We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal-opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
- Location: Thurleigh Airfield Business Park, Thurleigh Road, Thurleigh, Bedford, MK44 2YP
- Salary: £41,560 per annum
- Shift Pattern: 4 on, 4 off
Something looks off?