Delivery Team Leader
- Salary: £30,420 per annum
- Location: 778 Chester Road, Stretford, Manchester M32 0QL
- Shift Pattern: 4 on, 4 off
About Cazoo and our culture:
In just four years, we’ve transformed the car buying experience in the UK and achieved record-breaking growth. Now we’re on a mission to no.1, and we’re seeking the best talent to push us onwards and upwards.
Right now, we are looking for people who want to maximise their impact – for their careers, colleagues, customers, and the communities they work within. People who want to learn with the best, take the initiative and love the challenge of working in a constantly evolving organisation. Driven to make a positive impact on others and want to be part of building a strong community at work. Who will value our unique fusion of industries and will collaborate, support and value others for the differences they bring.
About this role and the impact you will have:
We’re looking for an exceptional Delivery Team Leader to join our fast-growing team at Cazoo, helping to transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
You'll be working as part of a small team reporting into our Logistics Manager with responsibility for leading a regional group of our Delivery Specialists and managing the compliance of the fleet they use.
Ultimately responsible for overseeing an experience that our customers love, you're ensuring high quality, timely delivery and collection of vehicles via our Delivery Specialists who are true ambassadors for the Cazoo brand.
With direct line management responsibility for a remotely located team, based at a number of our regional hubs across the UK, your leadership skills will be key, providing direction, motivation and ultimately helping to ensure we stay true to our values and customer promises. In addition, you will ensure the fleet they use is maintained to very high standards.
Success will be measured through customer satisfaction, safe and efficient driving performance and key logistics quality measures. Working collaboratively with our Logistics team you'll need to be agile and responsive, dealing positively with challenges and also working with the Cazoo Customer Services team to solve customer problems in the moment.
We'll provide the tools and tech that you need, including fleet management, logistics and route optimisation systems that'll provide visibility and insights to help maximise and optimise performance every day.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on attitude and at heart with a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to apply best practices to improve efficiency by reducing operating costs while increasing productivity.
The right mindset and cultural fit are critical in our consumer-obsessed, dynamic, entrepreneurial, data-driven, collaborative start-up, with a huge ambition to transform automotive retailing in the UK.
This role will be working 4-on 4-off.
What you will be doing:
- Leading and line managing a group of Delivery Specialists based remotely at one of our regional hubs (Team Leaders currently manage around 8 Delivery Specialists but this is increasing every month)
- Responsible for overseeing daily delivery and collection performance, to the very highest level of Customer satisfaction and in line with KPI's.
- Ensure the compliance of the fleet and Delivery Specialists' working hours is maintained at very high levels.
- Dynamically respond and resolve issues that arise during the day to ensure deliveries are completed to plan.
- Continuously fine-tune our processes and capability based on customer data, feedback and insights.
- Be a great line manager and coach, ensuring your team of Delivery Specialists receive regular feedback, face-to-face (you'll be a regular visitor to the regional hubs) and virtually.
- Oversee training, progression and performance of your team.
We’re looking for some with:
- Well-developed people management and leadership skills gained in team leadership roles
- Experience in home deliveries & managing a similar type of fleet
- A strong communicator, able to influence and inspire locally and remotely.
- A resourceful problem solver who loves a challenge and can work under pressure.
- Customer obsessed with experience of operating in a highly customer-centric business.
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Getting the best out of remote teams through influencing and leading
Wherever you work at Cazoo, you’ll have what you need to be at your best. Our rewards, benefits, and initiatives have been created so you can make a big impact on your career, your colleagues, our customers and the communities we are a part of.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including an annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well-being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer up to 5% salary-matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.