Senior Logistics Planning Specialist
- Location: Bedford Road, Northampton NN1 5NS
- Shift Pattern: 4 on, 4 off - 40 hours a week
- Salary: £32,000 per annum
Working in a dynamic and fast-paced team reporting into the Planning Manager you'll have the responsibility for the day-to-day planning team, ensuring that our vehicle deliveries and collections are optimally, efficiently and cost-effectively planned using the available transport resources.
We're offering our Customers delivery slots throughout each day, and you'll be ensuring that movements of vehicles are planned onto single-car transporters, or directly with a driver, to deliver the sold vehicle within the delivery slot chosen by the Customer.
Partnering closely with members of the Logistics team you'll ensure that the daily plan is fit for purpose and optimised to maximise delivery quality and customer satisfaction, you'll be directly liaising with our Customer Service team, ensuring any potential issues (for example access or safety) are appropriately considered and resolved. This is a data-driven role and success will be measured through multiple KPI's focusing on delivery performance and efficiency.
You'll have access to the technology and tools that you need including leading logistics systems which you'll be familiar with using effectively to drive optimal efficiency and experience.
The right mindset and cultural fit are critical in our consumer obsessed, entrepreneurial, data driven and collaborative start-up, with a huge ambition to transform automotive retailing in the UK.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for the short, medium and long term planning cycles which will involve using estimated sales figures, predicting based on known trends where these are likely to fall regionally and ensure we have enough resource deployed in the right places to meet our Customers aspirations.
- Understanding trends, in particular regional trends in sales volume will be crucial to forecasting resourcing needs and building our hub infrastructure in the right place, so that we can better service our Customers whilst at the same time being as efficient as possible with our resources.
- Reviewing each regional hubs daily plan to ensure that it is optimised and then handing it over to the Delivery Co-ordinators to implement and manage.
- Managing a planning team ensuring requests are planned at an optimal level keeping within our SLA’s and also linking in with the delivery team ensuring our delivery on time and help manage any impact
- We will constantly be looking to refine and improve our delivery performance through analysis of delivery journeys and how they can be turned into more precise delivery slots for customers to choose.
What you need
- Experienced senior planner of multiple resource types across multiple locations.
- Experience of home deliveries of high value items and slot bookings
- Able to communicate and influence decisions at all levels.
- Experience of managing a planning team.
- Problem solver, likes a challenge.
- Experience of operating in highly customer centric businesses.
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Experience of monitoring and managing to strict SLA’s.
- Proven ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve performance. Therefore need to be highly proficient in all Microsoft Office applications inlcuding Excel.
- The right mindset and cultural fit are critical in our consumer obsessed, entrepreneurial, data driven and collaborative start-up, with a huge ambition to transform automotive retailing in the UK.
Something looks off?