Senior Pricing Analyst
We’re looking for a highly motivated analyst to join our fast-growing purchasing & pricing team at Cazoo, helping transform the way people buy used cars and making buying a car no different to buying any other product online today.
As a Senior Pricing Analyst you will be responsible for improving the way we price cars by identifying demand indicators through analysis of past sales/purchase performance and conducting processes to discount distressed inventory. You will be a part of the broader purchasing and pricing team.
You will be someone that enjoys working in a fast paced environment, with a hands on attitude and a data-driven mindset, sharing fresh ideas for how to improve profitability. You will be an integral part to making Cazoo not just the best place to buy a used car, but also the best place to sell a car in the UK.
What you’ll be doing
- Own key operational processes to manage distressed inventory and minimise loss making cars.
- Conduct complex analysis including customer, competitor and market insights from internal and external sources to develop and validate recommendations on system and process improvements. Building scenario-based models to evaluate new opportunities.
- Support daily pricing operations through manual generation of prices for consumers
- Develop succinct, insightful, data driven conclusions
- Work across stakeholders and partners internally to develop the best balanced solutions
- Spot and work collaboratively to fix any pricing/data errors.
- Be a team player and advisor for other team members when it comes to approaching a complex analytical problem.
Key skills and experience required
- The successful candidate should have a strong analytical and commercial background
- A high level of skill using Excel (or Google Sheets) and other analytics tools (e.g., SQL,R) to process and interpret data
- Ability to work on complex problems and visually summarise their findings
- A natural learner, comfortable in new situations and driven to find solutions
- Highly organised individual with sharp attention to detail
- Self starter who thrives in an environment with a high level of autonomy
- Data driven - ability to define and track the KPIs that really matter to the bottom line
- Comfortable working at pace and to multiple deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to deal with ambiguity and manage your time
- A starter-finisher with a willingness to show initiative
- An ability to recognise opportunities and present solutions
We value people who are:
Customer obsessed - We put the customer first in everything we do. Every interaction matters. We want to be famous for delivering the best experience and wowing our customers.
Data-driven - Data is part of our DNA and drives all decision making. We are informed and results driven. We seek insights and understanding that will help us improve and grow.
Fast drivers - We have an entrepreneurial passion for working at speed. We like to accelerate and don’t hang around. We make decisions and drive fast towards our goals.
Team players - We are better as a team than as individuals. Everyone counts. We’re inclusive, supportive and respectful and are here to have fun and win together on this journey.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including discretionary annual bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). At Cazoo we are passionate about well being as such we provide an annual wellness fund and are partnered with a leading healthcare provider. We also offer a 5% salary matched pension scheme, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Our selection process will typically involve an initial phone interview and virtual video call and two in-person interviews, where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus, your cultural fit with the business and that we're the right fit for you.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.