Salesforce Engineer (Service Cloud Engineer)
About Cazoo and our culture:
In just four years, we’ve transformed the car buying experience in the UK and we’re seeking the best talent to help us move forward in our journey.
Right now, we are looking for people who want to maximise their impact – for their careers, colleagues and our customers. We're looking for someone who wants to learn with the best, take the initiative and love the challenge of working in a constantly evolving organisation. You will also be driven to make a positive impact on others and want to be part of building a strong community at work.
Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase a car entirely online for delivery or collection.
What will you be doing?
- You will make extensive use of Salesforce, particularly the lightning platform stack focusing on Service cloud.
- Working with Apex, you will build batches, schedulers and triggers as well as integrating Salesforce with third party systems via REST APIs. You’ll also be responsible for building Lightning Web Components.
- As an engineer in the team, it will fall to you to ensure the quality of code. Alongside our Quality Engineer, you’ll encourage the adoption of modern principles such as TDD, pair programming, Software Craftsmanship, and provide coaching to other Engineers.
- We have a culture of “you build it, you run it”, and as such our engineering teams deploy their own code using SFDX.
- All our teams have autonomy and a remit to self-organise around any workflows and processes they find useful. As such, you will agree with the wider team the best flavour of Agile to adopt, to aid interaction with our Product Managers, Quality Engineers, UX Designers and Data Team.
What do we need from you?
- As a Salesforce Developer, you will need to have extensive experience on the Lightning platform. We will expect you to demonstrate an understanding of the Salesforce platform and provide examples of how you’ve used Salesforce to solve business problems in the past.
- Experience developing in Apex is important. You will be able to tell us about an interesting technical problem you’ve solved by developing in Apex in a previous role.
- You will have a knowledge of REST APIs and will be able to give an example of a time that you had to integrate Salesforce with a third-party API.
- We have a culture of engineering excellence within the team, with a focus on producing clean code that is well designed. During your interview, we will want to discuss the approaches you take to ensure code has a high degree of readability and maintainability.
- Most companies talk about doing TDD; we do it. You must be able to demonstrate an appetite to follow best practice TDD and understand the benefits that can be gained from doing so.
- You will have the ability to communicate and collaborate, this includes demonstrating that you are comfortable taking and understanding requirements.
- You will have worked in Agile teams before and be able to describe your contribution to various ceremonies.
We understand that your time is in demand and as such keep our interview process as quick and painless as possible, outlining all timeframes in advance for you to plan around.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility in our interviews. From a physical disability standpoint, we have ensured our office is accessible but please do let us know if you have any issues or requests.
Similarly, we want to ensure neurodiverse candidates feel confident and comfortable with our interview process but appreciate there is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to this. As such, please do let us know if you need any changes made to the interview process to accommodate yourself well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.