The purpose of this role is to organise, coordinate and manage all production activities at the site under the direction of the Site Operations Manager.
The Production Manager will have responsibility for the management and coordination / day to day running of the production workforce focusing on preparation ensuring a smooth flow of vehicles throughout the production processes, ensuring that the vehicles are delivered to our logistics team on time and to the right quality standards.
Your Impact at Cazoo:
- Providing engaging leadership to a large team in a 7 day a week operational environment.
- Drive productivity and performance to meet key KPI’s including volume and quality targets
- Take the lead on continuously improving processes to drive efficiency and productivity
- Determine processes and present opportunities for improvements, optimising efficiency and achieving the highest possible throughput of vehicles. Manage QC control and processes to minimise reworks and complaints
- Ensure all Controllers have a thorough understanding of targets and provide effective communication to the teams.
- Work to and achieve individual and site targets – including performance, efficiency, quality, and productivity.
- Map vehicle routes into refurbishment and distribute workflows to maximise capacity
- Measure the impact of delays, disruptions and/or changes to plans and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensure a robust control of paint and materials costs
- Drive absence management across the site.
- Conduct operations reviews.
- Work closely with the training team to identify and support employee training and development plans.
- Evaluate the team’s performance and diarise staff reviews.
- Provide advice, support and technical assistance to your team
- Facilitate the induction of new team members
What do we need from you?
- Decisive Judgement: You will have previous evidenced experience in making timely, well-informed decisions aligned with organisational goals, considering constraints and risk factors within the automotive industry.
- Drive for Excellence: You will be someone who can demonstrate previous experience in understanding financial implications within the automotive sector, striving for operational excellence across all facets of the business.
- Drive for results: You will be able to showcase your ability to identify, manage, exceed targets and grow the business.
- People Management: You will be able to discuss where you have built robust relationships, demonstrate previous effective leadership where you have driving results.
- Strong Automotive knowledge: Specifically seeking candidates with comprehensive knowledge of the automotive trade, possessing the skills necessary to drive peak performance in a production site within the automotive industry.
- Problem solver: You love a challenge and can work under pressure.
- Organisational awareness: Keeping up to date with issues that may impact on the organisation and identifying ways of promoting the organisation.
- Significant Experience in Body Repair Bodyshop: Specifically looking for individuals with a substantial background and expertise in working within a body repair bodyshop setting within the automotive industry.
- Systems knowledge: Familiar with working with technology, e.g. tablets, smart phones.
You will have excellent communication skills with exceptional attention to detail with a full valid driving licence.
Perks and Benefits:
Wherever you work at Cazoo, you’ll have what you need to be at your best. Our rewards, benefits, and initiatives have been created so you can make a big impact on your career, your colleagues, our customers and the communities we are a part of.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer an outstanding benefits package, including bonus and 25 days holiday (plus an extra day for your birthday). We also offer up to 5% salary matched pension schemes, along with life insurance and critical illness cover.
Join Us at Cazoo:
Our selection process involves an initial discussion with our recruitment team followed by a site visit to experience our operations firsthand. Showcase your skills during our process, and see how you can contribute to Cazoo's success in the automotive industry.