Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As Application SRE we own the reliability of key components of the applications and infrastructure stack at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business.We are not tied with heavy corporate standards, tech stack will look as we see it.Most of our applications work in K8s environments and we host them in Medallia Cloud, OCI, AWS, GCP, Azure and IBM.Our team is built of true professionals to leverage all benefits of SRE approaches.We value open source and we support contributions to the community.
Engineers can build their careers and increase their professional weight with full support of Medallia.
- Evangelize SRE approaches to applications and infrastructure management.
- Ensure high visibility on everything related to application and their ecosystems - software, infrastructure, documentation, processes, etc.
- Collaborate with product-engineering teams, build strong relationships and be ready to solve complex challenges together.
- Ensure applications and their infrastructure are updated and released at a defined pace.
- Build monitoring, automation and tooling around applications and related standard procedures, eliminate manual work.
- Troubleshoot complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Ensure SLAs, proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of the SRE team on-call rotation for escalations.
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular languages, preferably Python; OOP and frameworks are a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Linux OS and fundamental technologies like networking, DNS, Mail, IP filtering, etc.
- Ability to write scripts in Bash using core tools (sed, awk, etc). Knowledge of Windows is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of traditional web stack (frontend, API, application backend, caches, databases), good knowledge of asynchronous and reliable application and infrastructure design (message queues, DB replicas, load balancing, auto-scaling, etc)
- Experience in design and implementation of K8s environments.
- Experience in configuration management and automation.
- Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation is a plus.
- Knowledge of CI/CD concepts, experience with Jenkins is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of different releasing approaches (roll-out, canary, blue/green, etc)
- Experience building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Experience with operations in on-premises and cloud environments.
- Understanding of information security concepts.
- Familiarity with incident management and change management.
- Strong communication skills
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.