Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Accounting Team as we are looking for a Sr Payroll Analyst who will be responsible for performing the day to day payroll functions. The Sr Payroll Analyst will carry out the US organization payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
Please note that this position is a remote position, reporting directly to the Senior Payroll Manager - US.
- Process the US semi-monthly payroll including review of leave of absence payments, retroactive payments, commissions, bonuses, new hires, terminations
- Responsible for the Workday (WD) file integration to Paylocity (US payroll system).
- Validate and audit changes to ensure that the payroll data are transferred correctly and partner with HR teams to resolve any issues
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Ensure that payroll goes out in timely manner
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction
- Follow all company’s policies and procedures and SOX compliance
- Perform monthly payroll accounting close duties
- Prepare amendments and follow up on tax resolution issues
- Assist with payroll tax audits and other payroll related audits
- Generate reports as needed for finance, human resources and third party vendors
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems and procedures
- Report and provide status and feedback to the Sr Payroll Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 7 + years of overall payroll and accounting experience
- AS Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Advanced level experience with Workday, Paylocity, ADP and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations
- Excellent understanding of payroll systems, data workflows and root cause analysis
- Strong Communication and Business Partnering skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $93,000 - $159,000. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.