Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and is an interdisciplinary position which interacts with Deal Desk, Revenue Accounting, Sales, Legal and various Operational teams across Medallia. In this role you will lead a team of collections specialists and order management professionals. You will play a crucial role in ensuring an excellent customer experience for both internal and external customers.
- Responsible for all aspects of processing Order Management, Billings, Credit and Collections for all revenue related transactions
- Assist with the deal desk review of sales opportunities, contracts and non-standard transactions
- Review and approve sales orders. Work closely with cross-functional teams and own ensuring sales orders are entered into Medallia’s ERP accurately, completely and consistent with company policies
- Review Invoices and Customer accounts. Work closely with cross functional organizations to resolve and support customer billing issues/inquiries.
- Provide input for on-going development and improvement on systems and operational processes.
- Responsible for performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Support the integration of acquisitions in accordance with Medallia’s Order Management, Billings, Credit and Collections processes and policies
- Assist in the external audit team regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, when needed.
- 10+ years of experience in Order Management, Billing Operations and Credit and Collection
- 3+ years of people management experience leading a team
- Demonstrated experience supporting the integration of acquisitions related to Order Management, Billings, and/or Credit and Collections
- Knowledge of revenue accounting under ASC 606
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience
- SFDC, NetSuite, and Tesorio experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Detailed-oriented with excellent analytical skills for data mining
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $124,000- $212,000. This position is bonus eligible. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.