Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As a Backend Software Engineer II, your role will involve shaping our flagship product, the Intelligence Platform. This product is extensively used by C-level executives and market research teams of our clients on a daily basis. Working closely with product, data, and frontend teams, you will contribute to the development of new functionalities, metrics, dashboards, performance enhancements and more.
Whilst we operate a remote first policy, we are seeking applications from people who are based in Pune. We are open to applications from people outside of Pune who are happy to relocate.
- Ship great software that is scalable and robust
- Identify gaps in knowledge, tools, and process and work with your manager & PM to address those.
- Incorporate the best development practices and habits and help build tooling to enforce the same.
- Partner closely with dependent teams across engineering to ensure uninterrupted service.
- 3+ years of experience in Scala backend development.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Capable of taking ownership of a problem, proposing effective solutions, and driving them to successful completion.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries effortlessly.
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Postgres, MySQL, etc.
- Experience working with caching technologies like Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Ability to write clean and testable code.
- Strong English language and communication skills.
- Prior experience with the Play framework, Spring or any IoC framework.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Familiarity with AWS components such as S3, Lambda, Cloudwatch, etc.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.