Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
Medallia’s security team is responsible for the security of the overall Medallia platform and entire global infrastructure. Medallia leads the federal experience management market, with aggressive plans to grow and expand it into existing and new markets.
We are looking for a motivated security engineer who is ready to explore the world of Federal Security (FedRAMP and beyond) and start their journey as the FedRAMP Security Operations Engineer role. This role is focused on solving security problems using technology. This is a very technical role that not only develops and implements security solutions but uses the solutions to combat malicious cyber attacks. While this environment is a few years old it is a growing and rapidly evolving landscape with an ever growing range of technologies and a significant potential to grow within the team.
- Full lifecycle security tool management including selecting, deploying, integrating, maintaining, and twightlighting security technologies such as SIEM’s, Log Management, Vulnerability Management Platforms, AV, etc.
- Security alert and incident management with a focus on alert and threat hunting automation
- Will provide technical support for compliance and security audits and will be the subject matter expert for security controls during audits
- This is a very technical hands on position and you will be required to do some scripting and automation as well as continually learning and understanding new technologies
- US Citizen / US Resident
- Min 5 years of experience working within the security operations field including basic IT and/or security system management experience such as servers, DB, AWS infrastructure, security tools etc.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across and within teams
- The ability to take non technical goals and turn them into technical solutions
- Independent problem-solving capabilities and excellent communication skills
- Experience with any of these technologies listed: FedRAMP Moderate, FedRAMP High, FedRAMP ConMon, Continuous Monitoring, NIST, Software Security, Application Security, Cloud Security, Pen-Testing, Penetration Testing, Dynamic (security) Analysis, Static Analysis, Nessus, BurpSuite, AWS ECR, Twistlock, Splunk, GuardDuty, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Tenable, Qualys, CI/CD, UNIX, Linux, STIG, Checkmarx, Lambda, github, JFrog Xray, Bash, CEH, CISSP, Security+, kiteworks
Citizenship and Human Resources Requirements: Due to the nature of this role, this person should be a US Citizen and able to work from US Locations. This person should be able to clear the Medallia background verification and potentially security clearance in future.
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $103,000 - $177,000. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.