Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
Medallia is seeking a seasoned Compensation & Analytics lead to join our multi-talented Total Rewards team. Successful candidates will demonstrate leadership in compensation and reward program management across multiple geographies, a talent for data analysis and problem-solving, and above all, focus on creating an incredible employee experience. If you thrive working as part of a friendly, collaborative and smart team, and want a role with tangible results, you’ll love the new challenge ahead of you.
- You are adept at summarizing ideas to audiences unfamiliar with the subject, with engaging presentation and enablement materials.
- You’re interested in and stay up to date with laws, regulations and procedures governing international compensation.
- You have excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and a focused attention to detail in your own work and when reviewing the work of others.
- You have a natural curiosity to identify and analyze trends and data to facilitate short and long-term business decisions.
- You’re a great collaborator and communicator, with proven ability to work effectively across a geographically and culturally diverse population.
- Lead a team of compensation & analytics professionals to develop, implement and carry out the ongoing evaluation and governance of global compensation and recognition programs, processes and systems and people data to manage costs, increase efficiency and improve functionality.
- Manage the annual promotion, merit and bonus cycles including stakeholder communications, enablement, project planning, timelines, system set up, data management and dissemination, audits and approvals.
- Lead and execute ongoing communications to employees regarding compensation programs - e.g. bonus payouts and merit processes.
- Oversee compliance with and participate in pay & reward related requirements such as Pay Transparency, Fair Pay Workplace, UK Gender Pay Gap reporting or Spain’s Pay Equity Analysis and Equality Plan, in partnership with DEIB.
- Manage Total Rewards budgets to inform strategic considerations, and partner with Finance & Legal teams to ensure regulatory compliance across Medallia global locations.
- Ensure compensation and recognition structures are internally equitable, externally competitive, while maintaining cost-effectiveness, and compliant with local regulations across global locations.
- Advise leaders and managers on compensation & reward policies and practices, providing deep subject matter expertise, and provide training, and guidance on development of best practice compensation programs, policies, and procedures to stakeholders.
- Ownership of compensation survey submissions and pay range reviews: job matching, data submission and independent analysis of benchmarking data to support compensation strategy.
- Evaluate and advise on deferred compensation for senior hires and assist with creating compelling total reward packages.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders to ensure the continued success and efficiency of compensation and reward programs.
Reward & People Analytics
- Lead the strategy & development of the reward analytics function to enable better decision making for leaders, People & Culture and key business partners.
- Be responsible for all aspects of compensation & total reward data and analytics including data governance, reporting & dashboard and predictive modeling.
- Oversee and participate in the development of reporting tools; Building or adapting reports that enable modeling or analysis for various groups, leveraging technical expertise to influence business and P&C stakeholders.
- Partner closely between Finance, Employee Experience, and the business to drive integrated and strategic workforce planning.
- 10+ years of related experience in compensation roles with at least 5 years in an international or global capacity
- Demonstrated experience and track record of establishing competitive international rewards programs including base and incentive pay, salary planning, salary structure development and updates, and merit distribution
- Demonstrated participation in the development and delivery of presentations and enablement programs
- Demonstrated a high-level of proficiency with Microsoft applications: Advanced understanding of Excel is required
- Demonstrated project management, analytical, and technical skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams and the ability to manage concurrent complex projects, requiring strong prioritization capabilities
- Experience leading and influencing across all levels and reporting lines to leverage insights and information to influence decision making
- Workday and Visier/Tableau experience
- Experience using Syndio
- Experience in generalist or other HR disciplines
- New York area based
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $156,000 - $265,000. This position is bonus eligible. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.