Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
In Medallia's Strategy and Analytics team, we specialize in generating studies with both a quantitative and qualitative approach. These studies contribute to the maturity of customer experience programs at leading companies in Latin America and across the globe. Our work is based on a rigorous analysis that will allow you to develop skills in data interpretation, statistical modeling, and formulation of strategic recommendations for various industries which will strengthen your profile as a data science analyst. This work is full of challenges that will test your analytical skills and will have an immediate impact on your clients.
- Manage and deliver quantitative and qualitative analysis on projects focused on customer experience program while ensuring data cleanliness.
- Implement models that generate customer-relevant findings.
- Contribute to analytics initiatives, including improvement processes and tools.
- Create PowerPoint and Google Slides presentations with visual content.
- Independently deliver projects in a timely manner and participate in the creation of the work plan for such deliverables.
- Build understanding of clients to address their needs in a timely manner.
- 2+ years of experience in implementation of statistical models.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, statistics, actuarial science, data science, mathematics, economics, computer science or related careers, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical models such as linear regression and logistic regression.
- Advanced knowledge of R statistical software.
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative methodologies for data analysis.
- Advanced level of English. Ability to hold a conversation and present reports in English fluently is required.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.