Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
As a Director of Product, Platform, you will own and define the roadmap for Medallia’s next generation platform. You will lead a Shared Platform team and be part of defining the product vision and requirements for foundational components of Medallia’s Platform. You will drive the development of capabilities that inspire Medallia’s technology partners to innovate on our platform. Our technology stack is complex and we are looking for someone who has ideally led teams successfully towards reliable, scalable and maintainable solutions. You will set product standards across the company such as compliance with security and privacy regulations. Finally, you will collaborate with other vertical product leaders to integrate products in the Medallia ecosystem to support our vision of personalizing every experience. This role is best suited for someone with a strong technical and product management background who is passionate about defining and delivering an enterprise platform at scale.
- Drive our product strategy for investing in the foundational components of the platform. As a leader on the Shared Platform team, you will also contribute to defining the overall product strategy and roadmap.
- Define and own the 6–9 month feature roadmap to drive priorities for your team while taking into value creation and cost to create value.
- Build and lead product teams, including managing and developing people.
- Help drive the Product Management practice and culture, both in how we work and the design of the organization.
- Become an expert on our software, customer, and our market, as well as be able to identify, prioritize and execute on both tactical and strategic projects.
- Partner cross-functionally with engineers and operations managers, and interact with security, compliance, data, and legal teams to craft solutions that will delight our users and provide value to the business.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as executives, product marketing, and customer success to ensure their objectives are met, opinions are considered, and plans communicated.
- Make disciplined, data-based decisions. Use data to find the right problems to solve, and breaking solutions down into smaller executable chunks that deliver value.
- Dig deeply into customer and usage data to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of our efforts.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or related quantitative field or equivalent experience
- 10 years of Product Management experience building and delivering enterprise scale products within a technology company
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with customers, prospects, and/or partners
- Demonstrated experience driving cross-functional company initiatives across multiple departments
- P&L Management experience
- Experience with Customer Experience Management Platform
- Experience bringing new products or solutions to market
- Proven track record of shipping products or services focused on enabling developer personas
- Experience working in an agile development environment and familiarity with tools such as Jira to write user stories and acceptance criteria in partnership with developers
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $170,000 - $288,000. This position is bonus eligible. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.