Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Product Team as we are looking for a VP of Product to lead our Product Strategy & Operations function. This key product leader will have an unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. This leader will act as the trusted advisor to the Medallia Chief Product Officer, Product, Engineering, Go-to-Market, and Product Marketing leadership teams to drive success and impactful growth.
As a key partner to the Product leadership team, this role will focus on partnering with the organization to develop a well-articulated product portfolio strategy, as well as bring alignment and prioritization to our investment decisions. This leader will be responsible for developing a small team that will establish disciplined operations and operational excellence, along with data-driven and market informed decision-making, with direct impact on the development and commercialization of our products. You will collaborate closely with our product management, engineering, and field teams to help solve our most complex and ambiguous business challenges.
The position requires a deep understanding of the product development life cycle from concept to commercialization, strong business partnering skills and a high degree of business acumen.
Please note that this position is remote, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Own long term product strategy development, including market and competitive analysis, that maximize growth and value.
- Partner with the Chief Product Officer to establish a high-performance product team.
- Drive alignment and drive product planning processes that map to long-range plans. Establish monthly and quarterly review cadences, ensuring alignment to strategic objectives and transparency.
- Track and analyze product metrics to inform product strategy and drive business outcomes.
- Own recommendations on pricing, strategic partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, that optimize the value of the product portfolio and capture market opportunities.
- Gain broad alignment across product, marketing, sales and partners on strategy, goals and focus for GTM efforts to drive healthy growth.
- Establish best practices and ways of working for the product organization and its interactions with cross-functional teams.
- Establish and drive product release planning and GTM release readiness processes, including standard roadmaps, updates and change management. Drive clarity in planning and visibility of product plans and priorities across the organization.
- Manage and optimize the fiscal year budget in partnership with CPO and Finance.
- Lead Product team operations including staff meetings, PM meetings, off-sites, operational rhythm.
- Partner with CPO and HR to facilitate PM career development, onboarding and building a culture of collaboration and experimentation.
- Champion the needs of the product team. Create and implement processes and systems that ensure operational excellence across the organization. Quickly identify and address what is working and not working in terms of people, processes and technologies.
- Build a highly impactful strategy and operations team that ensures the product organization’s effectiveness and success.
- 15+ years experience in a combination of product management, strategy, operations, product analytics, program/project management, or consulting within B2B or B2B2C technology
- Demonstrated experience with managing strategy & operational teams in large, complex and globally distributed organizations, including building operations from scratch through rapid scaling
- Demonstrated experience working directly with Executive leadership and steering Executive alignment across multiple business functions
- Deep understanding of B2B2C space, in particular CRM, Customer Experience and Customer Engagement cloud technologies
- Experience presenting to Executives, and demonstrating outstanding verbal and written skills and strategic capabilities
- Effective collaborator with superior influencing skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; data driven with bias for action
- MBA or Advanced Degree
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $221,000 - $374,000. This position is bonus eligible. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.