Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia is looking for an experienced network engineer to be part of our production engineering organization, and help with the design, implementation and support of a reliable, high throughput, low latency network infrastructure for our innovative customer experience platform. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with other talented engineers. If you thrive on building high value services that are critical for the company’s success, then come join our team.
- Design and operate high throughput, low latency network infrastructure
- Work across multiple technologies with other engineers to isolate and reproduce issues
- Troubleshoot network layer issues in a routed containerized kubernetes world
- Manage and support global network connectivity and performance
- Analyze and resolve network infrastructure and connectivity issues
- Architect and implement advanced network monitoring and reporting solutions
- Automate network configuration changes and technologies using languages such as bash, python and go
- Establish network standards and procedures. Work with other teams to ensure the network meets the business requirements
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network devices
- Experience with OSPF and BGP layer 3 routed networks
- Experience with network automation tools /Hands on Scripting
- Linux networking
- Experience in a production datacenter environment
- Expert routing and switching skills including wide area Ethernet transport technologies
- Solid understanding of network monitoring and performance metrics
- Solid understanding of application network requirements
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, Use of VRFs and IPSEC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience with high performance networking (40GbE and 100GbE) is a strong plus.
- Intermediate Linux skills, with some server hardware understanding
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Some public cloud background, such as OCI, AWS, or Azure
- Background in Kubernetes a plus
- Kubernetes background and comfort will be useful
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.