Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Legal Team as we are looking for a Corporate Paralegal to support the company on a broad range of legal issues with a specific focus on corporate governance and compliance efforts.
Medallia’s Legal Team works to be a competitive advantage for the company, delivering smart, creative legal solutions that power growth and effective risk management. Our efforts have made us one of the most respected and well liked teams at Medallia. The corporate function supports this mission by working with our colleagues across the organization and the globe to help with our corporate governance responsibilities, integration and subsidiary wind-up efforts, and compliance duties. We are strategic business advisors and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization and the globe. We are legal generalists and excited to cover a broad range of responsibilities in a variety of jurisdictions. We are team players, generous to our colleagues and focused on the team victory. Most of all, we are passionate about our work, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
As Corporate Paralegal, you will support this mission by supporting our global corporate governance, subsidiary wind-up, and compliance initiatives in a manner that is in tune with Medallia’s culture and scale. You will complement a strong understanding of global compliance and corporate governance requirements with a deep and nuanced understanding of our business. You will be asked to contribute on a broad range of projects and issues, and will stand ready to quickly master new areas of expertise as needed by the business. And while you will be integral to Medallia’s success, you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
We are determined to build the best legal team in the industry, and we are going to get there by hiring individuals who are passionate about their work, and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve, and push for great results.
This is a remote first opportunity.
- Support our corporate governance efforts for 65 entities in 30+ countries, including file management and drafting of board minutes and materials, powers of attorney, intercompany agreements, and other corporate documents.
- Provide support for various subsidiary integration and wind-up initiatives as well as mergers and acquisitions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Medallians and the broader legal team with respect to corporate information and documentation, ultimate beneficial owner/ultimate parent company designations, as well as signatory questions.
- Support various compliance initiatives, including our whistleblower program, related party screening, and corporate policies.
- Manage registered agent services for 20 US subsidiaries.
- Assist with the completion of customer vendor and supplier forms and gaming applications.
- Maintain internal and external corporate information reference documents
- Assist with ad hoc and special projects, as requested.
- Minimum of 2 years of directly relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience handling a range of legal matters.
- 5 years prior corporate legal experience either at a law firm or in-house.
- Experience managing or assisting with corporate governance matters for 20+ US and international subsidiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects in a busy work environment while being a critical (and often autonomous) go-to partner for fellow peers in the company and legal department.
- Excited about working on a broad variety of corporate matters and in a variety of jurisdictions.
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to get things done.
- Exceptionally strong business acumen.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability over assigned projects and tasks.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to grow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to regularly meet deadlines.
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $71,000 - $121,000. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.