Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Legal Team as we are looking for a Legal Compliance, Policy and Research Specialist to support the company on a broad range of legal issues with a specific focus on compliance efforts, policy drafting, and legal research.
Medallia’s Legal Team works to be a competitive advantage for the company, delivering smart, creative legal solutions that power growth. Our efforts have made us one of the most respected and well liked teams at Medallia. The Legal Compliance, Policy and Research function supports this mission by working with our colleagues across the organization to help with our compliance duties, ensuring that our workforce understands and complies with applicable policies. We are strategic business advisors and work closely with key stakeholders across the organization. We are legal generalists and excited to cover a broad range of responsibilities. We are team players, generous to our colleagues and focused on the team victory. Most of all, we are passionate about our work, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
As Legal Compliance, Policy and Research Specialists, you will support this mission by supporting our global policy and compliance initiatives in a manner that is in tune with Medallia’s culture and scale. To that end, you will draft, revise, and help implement various company policies and agreements, and ensure compliance. You will also perform legal research on various topics. You will complement a strong understanding of compliance requirements with a deep and nuanced understanding of our business. You will help with compliance related matters as well as legal research globally. You will be asked to contribute on a broad range of projects and issues, and will stand ready to quickly master new areas of expertise as needed by the business. And while you will be integral to Medallia’s success, you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
We are determined to build the best legal team in the industry, and we are going to get there by hiring individuals who are passionate about their work, and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve, and push for great results.
This is a remote first opportunity.
The Legal Compliance, Policy and Research Specialist will be responsible for assisting in the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of Medallia’s compliance program and related risk management. Medallia is consistently one of the most trusted by customers and this position is expected to help elevate the program.
The job of the Legal Compliance, Policy and Research Specialist is to help ensure that Medallia and its workforce complies with policies, laws, regulations and industry-leading practices. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for compliance and a desire to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment. Responsibilities of this role include:
- Updating policies and procedures to enhance global compliance on a regular cadence.
- Perform legal research and analysis on a variety of topics and make recommendations for potential courses of action globally but particularly for EMEA, APAC, and LATAM
- Reviewing and decisioning of third-party risk management legal compliance processes against applicable policies, standards and guidelines.
- Performing required compliance escalations arising from global operations for attorney review.
- Assisting in drafting, developing, refining, and updating policies and agreements.
- Acting as a compliance champion by monitoring and validating controls to ensure that projects, documentation, and processes are compliant with current compliance regulations.
- Monitoring completion of trainings and implementing mechanisms to ensure compliance.
- Increasing visibility and accessibility of company policies.
- Assisting attorneys in performing legal research, assessments, analysis, monitoring, and reports on compliance risks.
- Identifying gaps in the design and operating effectiveness of control frameworks.
- Collecting metrics that will allow the company to understand current compliance risk trends and control effectiveness.
- Working cross-functionally to remediate any activities for continuous process improvement, including managing projects for compliance enhancement.
- Flexibly assist in other areas of concern to benefit Medallia’s legal and compliance posture.
- Ability to provide risk-based advice, drive operational efficiency, manage, and think globally.
- Very strong process and problem solving skills at both strategic and functional levels.
- Excellent legal research, writing, and analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Fun to be around in challenging situations with an amazing sense of humor.
- Law Degree from an accredited institution. This role does not require an active license as an attorney, but a law degree and a legal background is much preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with legal research and analysis at a law firm, in-house, governmental agency or other similar legal setting.
- Minimum of four (4) years of direct work experience in:
- Compliance, risk management, and/or audit
- Working on policies, procedures and trainings in compliance-related areas
- Applicable compliance certifications
- Knowledge in at least several of the following areas: data privacy, labor & employment,corporate, subsidiary management, immigration, intellectual property, litigation and legal/quasi-legal proceedings, benefits, and compensation.
- Expertise in global privacy compliance.
- Experience with global employment and privacy laws.
- Understanding of and curiosity about the tools and technologies employed by global businesses.
- Collaborated and driven commitments to deliver privacy solutions with meaningful impact
- Earned the respect of peers and managers for ability to grasp difficult technical challenges and invent practical, sustainable solutions.
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Worked successfully in a very fast-paced environment.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.