Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
Medallia is hiring a Finance Director that will lead our go-to-market finance team reporting to the Vice President of Finance. The role will be responsible for partnering with Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing to deliver financial planning and analytical support, identifying key business drivers and measurement to inform actionable results. If you are looking to make an impact, this is a great opportunity to showcase your talents and skills to lead, contribute, and execute together with the team as Medallia continues to scale and grow as the industry leader in Experience Management.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to go-to-market leadership regarding all financial matters.
- Lead a team to perform annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes with business partners and to analyze actual results against forecasts.
- Help align budgeting and investment with the company’s strategic priorities.
- Perform analyses to provide insights into risk and opportunities to influence investment decisions on strategic priorities i.e. sales efficiency, LTV:CAC ratio, marketing ROI, product profitability, as well as pricing and packaging.
- Analyze impact and return on investments through tracking and monitoring of spend.
- Identify key operating metrics for each function, and implement dashboards and analyses to track these metrics and surface findings and cost efficiency opportunities.
- Produce impactful management reporting and presentations for executives and other internal stakeholders.
- Support efforts for system implementations, report redesign and process improvements.
- Apply business acumen and sound corporate finance principles in providing financial analyses for business partners to support decision making.
- Build strong teams; develop and mentor the team and retain outstanding talent.
- 7+ years of experience in a finance related field
- SaaS industry experience with demonstrated understanding of SaaS business metrics and models
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and finance principles
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or CPA
- Previous FP&A and business partnering experience supporting the Sales organization.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Strong business partnering ability.
- Presentation of ideas and information in a concise, well organized manner.
- Effectively work and collaborate within and across teams.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying business needs and proposing effective solutions.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen. Ability to work directly with senior business leaders.
- High performance standards with high ethical values; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize appropriately and demonstrate flexibility.
- Excellent modeling skills; highly proficient in Excel and business intelligence and analytics software (ie.Tableau, Power Query, SQL, etc.)
- Familiar with Salesforce.com, Netsuite and Anaplan experience.
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $156,000 - $265,000 This position is bonus eligible. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.