Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
Medallia is seeking a Sr. Order Management Analyst to join its growing Accounting team. This position reports to the Manager, Order Management and is an interdisciplinary position that interacts with the Deal Desk, Collections, Revenue Accounting, Sales, Legal, and various Operational teams across Medallia.
- Responsible for all aspects of setting up and processing Sales Order and Professional Services Projects, using NetSuite and Workfront
- Review Sales related agreements to set up the proper Sales Order consistently with company policies
- Serve as the subject matter expert and point of escalation for the Order Management team
- Assist Managers in the review of prepared Sales Orders for approvals and subsequent billing and revenue
- Identify any non-standard contract term and collaborate with the Revenue Accounting team to ensure appropriate revenue recognition
- Resolve and track issues/inquiries from Sales orders and professional services projects as they arise and address root cause problems. Consult with the sales and collections teams for accurate and timely customer billing
- Provide input for ongoing development and improvement of systems and operation processes
- Responsible for general ledger account reconciliation and entry resolution including booking and reviewing journal entries
- Assist Managers in performing internal control procedures to ensure SOX controls
- Assist the external audit team regarding all quarterly and annual audit requirements
- Prepare ad hoc analysis, when needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of order management, billing, sales operations and/or revenue operations experience
- 2+ years of Excel experience including solid experience with xlookups, pivot tables, gsheet, and formulas.
Software as a Service (SaaS) experience
M&A Integration experience
Salesforce, Workfront and NetSuite experience
Revenue Accounting knowledge or experience (ASC 606)
MS Office software, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Proven ability to plan, prioritize, work autonomously, and be adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated leadership ability with a growth mindset
Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills
Eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment
Team player and self-starter who can independently take ownership to manage assignment tasks
Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills for data mining.
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $73,500 - $127,000. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.