Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our sales team. Your primary responsibility will be to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with marketing and sales to create and execute on lead generation campaigns. This position may require some heavy inbound and outbound outreach and tight collaboration with Sales Directors to generate new opportunities. You will be expected to report on qualification, call and email activity, and stay informed on Medallia products.
As you build the foundation for Medallia’s future success, you will also build a set of skills that differentiates you from your peers in the market. This is not a siloed position - we want a collaborative individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from inbound and outbound prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Interact with prospects via phone, email, and LinkedIn with a high attention to detail
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting strategy, including identifying customer pain points and addressing the value for the customer in your messaging
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce
- Learn Medallia products, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate Sales Directors, educating them as necessary about the opportunity
- Partner with Marketing on driving attendance to events, trade shows, webinars, and conferences
- Collaborate with your field sales team as a prospecting subject matter expert, providing best practices and executing on projects specific to your territory
- 1+ year prospecting into enterprise companies or complex organizations
- Salesforce or comparable CRM knowledge
- Flexibility to cover Pacific Timezone hours of 8am - 5pm
- Previous experience prospecting B2B
- Experience using Outreach or an automated sales engagement platform knowledge
- Ability to articulate complex topics and build rapport with prospects and stakeholders remotely
- Self-motivation and persistence in the face of rejection or adversity
- Openness to feedback and coaching
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation and on social media
- You are a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- Work in a busy, dynamic environment with changing responsibilities
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The hourly range for this position is $22.60 to $28.85. This position is commission eligible. Please note that the hourly range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.