Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Data Science at Medallia brings together researchers, engineers and designers, to build adaptive, collaborative technologies that are focused on enabling action at all levels of an organization. We drive both platform and product development, so that our customers can interact with their customers in satisfying and emotionally connected ways, regardless of scale.
- As a Senior Staff Research Data Scientist on the Data Science team, you will lead cutting edge research in artificial intelligence and machine learning applications in the areas of natural language understanding/generation, action recommendation and representation learning.
- Lead and partner with cross-functional teams on data science initiatives.
- Partner with engineering, design and product teams to deliver solutions to orchestrating, understanding and improving customer experiences in real time.
- Collaborate with a team of brilliant engineers and scientists responsible for bringing intelligent features to all corners of Medallia’s product offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 7 years of relevant work experience, including software development experience or 4 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline, with demonstrated experience leading and partnering with cross-functional teams (i.e. Data Science, Engineering, and Product)
- 3 years of work or educational experience in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- Highly proficient in Python, and detailed working knowledge of the packages and frameworks associated with data wrangling, analysis, and machine learning, e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, Sklearn, Spacy, Pandas, Pyspark.
- MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical discipline
- Strong communication skills, especially in describing technical methods and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with utilizing, training,or fine-tuning large language models
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas: Natural Language Processing for text understanding, classification, summarization, pattern recognition, and/or recommendation/ranking systems; Representation learning for unstructured data types (images, text), multiple data sources (e.g. EMR/EHR), or event sequences (e.g. customer journeys)
- Experience utilizing machine learning platforms e.g. Kubeflow, SageMaker, VertexAI, Databricks
Medallia is committed to equal pay and transparency. The annual base salary range for this position is $177,000 - $301,000. Please note that the salary range information provided is a general guideline and combines all of the distinct labor markets within the US. It is uncommon for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on a variety of factors. Medallia considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, candidate’s work location, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, external market data, as well as, market and business considerations when making compensation decisions.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.