Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
The Role and Team
The Site Reliability Engineering organization at Medallia brings together the infrastructure and applications that power a highly reliable global SaaS platform. In particular, Application SREs own the reliability of different products and their infrastructure stack at Medallia, and ensure that they continue to scale with our rapidly-growing business. We are constantly growing our footprint to meet and exceed the demands in multiple geographical regions. Most of our applications work in K8s environments and we host them in Medallia Cloud, OCI, AWS, GCP and Azure. Our team is built of true professionals that leverage all benefits of SRE approaches. Engineers can build their careers and increase their professional weight with full support of Medallia.
We are currently looking for a team player who has a passion for technological challenges and a high desire to learn, who embraces a dynamic environment, and who will help us scale out our existing infrastructure, tend to incidents, and deploy new cutting-edge tools.
Please note, this role might require being on a rotating on-call shift which includes being available during evenings, weekends and holidays when scheduled.
- Educate application and infrastructure management about SRE approaches
- Collaborate with product-engineering teams, build strong relationships and be ready to solve complex challenges together.
- Ensure applications and their infrastructure are updated and released at a defined pace.
- Build monitoring, automation and tooling around applications and related standard procedures, eliminate manual work.
- Troubleshoot complex problems that may span the full service stack.
- Ensure SLAs, proactively monitor and manage the availability of infrastructure and applications.
- Optimize performance of components across the full service.
- Be a part of the SRE team on-call rotation for escalations.
- 3+ years of experience with Site Reliability Engineering and/or related software development roles.
- Experience with:
- Building, configuring, and maintaining operational monitoring and reporting tools.
- Operations in on-premises and cloud environments.
- Incident management and change management
- Complex information security concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Linux OS and fundamental technologies like networking, DNS, Mail, IP filtering, etc.
- Scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy, Go, etc)
- Traditional web stack (frontend, API, application backend, caches, databases)
- Asynchronous and reliable application design (message queues, DB replicas, load balancing, auto-scaling, etc)
- Kubernetes deployments
- Release approaches (roll-out, canary, blue/green, etc)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- Relational DB’s such as: PostgreSQL
- NoSQL DB such as: Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, BigQuery
- Messaging/Stream processing platform such as: Kafka
- CI/CD tools such as: Jenkins, ArgoCD
- AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, etc…)
- Jenkins pipelines
- Background working in heavily regulated industries such as banking, finance, or healthcare.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law. Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at ApplicantAccessibility@medallia.com. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies