Business Development Representative (BDR)
Duco is growing fast - are you ready to grow with us?
As a 100% SaaS (software as a service) company, our customers’ success is at the heart of what we do. We take great pride in seeing how the partnership we build with each customer makes a real difference to them. Our unique software makes their lives better by helping them solve their most complex data problems.
We take the same approach with our own employees. We love seeing people succeed and grow in their roles, enjoying what they do and getting great results. This philosophy is embedded in our culture. It’s one reason why our Glassdoor feedback shows 91% of our people would recommend us as an employer to a friend, and 98% approve of the CEO.
Here’s what Duco can offer you…
A growing company with a strong future:
Our customers already include many of the world’s top financial institutions and we’re growing fast, even in the current global recession. We’re also backed by some of the best software investors. Our offices span the UK, New York, Singapore and Poland, and we’re in a high-growth phase.
An employer which puts its people first:
We give every employee a voice in what Duco does and how it gets done. We communicate honestly and openly, whether the news is good or bad, and we give trust and support rather than micromanaging. We believe that everyone should feel really proud of what they do and have the opportunity to learn and develop in their careers.
A really good reward package:
- A competitive base salary, which will be reviewed annually (the starting annual salary range for this role will be $60-65K, in line with your experience and local market standard, plus an uncapped target variable comp of $20K based on lead conversion, pipeline generation, and quota attainment)
- Medical insurance with 100% employer-paid option, HSA (with employer contribution) or FSA, as well as vision and dental insurance with generous employer contribution, including some 100% employer-paid options
- 401k with 4% match and immediate vesting
- Unlimited PTO, because we trust our people to manage their own time off
- A hybrid work schedule with the a current expectation of working in office 2 days out of the week
- Enhanced family leave provisions e.g. 52 weeks maternity leave of which 39 is paid (yes, really!) and 6 weeks paid paternity leave
- $260 annual allowance to help you make improvements to your home working environment
- Dedicated budget for personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- $3,000 referral bonuses to encourage everyone to recommend great talent to our team
- Employee Assistance Program, in case things get tough
- An Employee Equity Purchase Scheme, so you have a personal investment in the success of the company
A role with huge scope and potential:
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for outbound sales prospecting, initiating the first outreach with potential customers. Your work will expand our customer base by using prospecting strategies and technology to identify new opportunities, contributing directly to Duco’s success.
Day to day, this is what you’ll be doing:
- Understanding our buyer personas and the needs and pain points of Duco’s target market
- Cold-calling and cold-emailing prospects across multiple departments
- Using BANT & MEDDICC methodology, generating and qualifying opportunities to deliver to the Sales team
- Writing and adapting call and email scripts and Salesloft cadences
- Using social selling techniques to attract and source leads
- Learning from seasoned sales staff how to present high level demos of Duco’s Platform and developing the skills to lead discovery calls independently
- Updating and keeping detailed notes in our CRM
- Brainstorming and executing new strategies to attract our target market
- Working together with the team to establish and share successful prospecting techniques
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the trends and news of our target market/industries and our competitors
- Testing and using various prospecting tools and software
This is who you’ll be working with:
- The Head of Business Development, who will be your manager
- A team of Sales Executives across the UK, USA, Poland and Singapore
- Colleagues across Customer Success, Global Services, Product, Marketing, etc.
This is where you’ll need to be:
Your work home base will be our New York or Boston office,. You will be expected to visit the New York or Boston office 2 times a week to start (subject to change) and travel to customers and events when needed.
Can you already see yourself at Duco? Fantastic!
This is what you'll need to be successful:
- Previous prospecting experience supporting the growth of a B2B organization, (even better if it was at a SaaS company or in within FinTech)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in an outbound-focused BDR, SDR, Sales or similar role
- Comfort with cold-selling via phone and email
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable success of achieving monthly or quarterly targets
- Strong track record in a fast paced, engaging, tech-centric environment working flexibly across a range or responsibilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently, willingness to share what’s working and what’s not
- Ability to easily switch between creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to work from our office 2+ days per week (Boston or New York)
Bonus points if you also have:
- Some knowledge of what SaaS is, and what it means to be a SaaS company. You don’t need to have worked in one before, but make sure you’ve done your research!
- Some experience/knowledge of banks, funds or insurance would be useful
But remember - no one is expected to be perfect!
If you aren’t sure that you have every single trait we’re looking for, please don’t let it put you off applying. We review all applications with real interest, and we believe in supporting people’s personal development and career growth. We’re not necessarily looking for ‘the perfect candidate’ with years of experience, gold medals and superpowers!
This is what to expect in Duco’s hiring process:
We know research shows that long lists of requirements can make some applicants more hesitant to apply. With that in mind, please know that we are not looking for a super hero who ticks every single box. Duco considers every application carefully and looks for the success potential of each applicant. Furthermore, we are committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants are treated with respect. It is Duco's policy to provide an equitable opportunity for all candidates; if you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, contact information, the title of the role you're applying for, and a brief description of how we can accommodate you.
During the recruitment process and after hire, Duco does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, disability, religion or creed, socioeconomic background, size, or any other protected characteristic.
We review applications on a rolling basis. Our interview process typically will be three to four steps - an initial screening, a technical assessment where you’ll have an opportunity to show off your skills and thought process, and conversations with some colleagues and key stakeholders. Due to the global distribution of our staff, all interviews are being conducted via Google Meet video conferencing.