Business Development Representative
Duco is growing fast - are you ready to grow with us?
As a 100% SaaS (software as a service) company, our customers’ success is at the heart of what we do. We take great pride in seeing how the partnership we build with each customer makes a real difference to them. Our unique software makes their lives better by helping them solve their most complex data problems.
We take the same approach with our own employees. We love seeing people succeed and grow in their roles, enjoying what they do and getting great results. This philosophy is embedded in our culture.
Here’s what Duco can offer you…
A growing company with a strong future:
Our customers already include many of the world’s top financial institutions and we’re growing fast, even in the current global recession. We’re also backed by some of the best software investors. Our offices span the UK, New York, Singapore and Poland, and we’re in a high-growth phase.
An employer which puts its people first:
We give every employee a voice in what Duco does and how it gets done. We communicate honestly and openly, whether the news is good or bad, and we give trust and support rather than micromanaging. We believe that everyone should feel really proud of what they do and have the opportunity to learn and develop in their careers.
A genuinely exciting reward package:
- A competitive base salary, which will be reviewed annually (the starting annual salary range for this role will be £45-50K, in line with your experience and local market standard, plus up to £15K variable comp based on lead conversion, pipeline generation, and quota attainment)
- An attractive success-sharing bonus scheme
- Unlimited holiday, because we trust people to manage their own time off
- Flexible working options, including home working and flexible start/finish times. We don't care if you like working at 3am, on your roof, wearing stripy jim-jams; as long as you're delivering what's needed, it's up to you
- Private health cover and healthcare cash back scheme
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contributions
- Employee investment scheme, with the potential for high returns
- Enhanced family support , for example generous maternity and paternity provisions
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Spot rewards, so we can say thanks when you do a really great bit of work
- Cycle to work and tech purchase schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme, for extra support when life gets a bit hard
A role with huge scope and potential:
The Business Development function is relatively new within Duco, but we already recognize its value and we’re expanding it accordingly. As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for outbound sales prospecting, initiating the first outreach with potential customers. Your work will expand our customer base by using prospecting strategies and technology to identify new opportunities, contributing directly to Duco’s success.
Day to day, this is what you’ll be doing:
- Prospect inbound & outbound leads via calls, emails, social selling activities and other creative outreach methods to cultivate initial interest
- Achieve daily activity metrics and monthly quota of qualified scheduled meetings
- Partner with the Sales teams to identify and develop the right leads, and schedule meetings for Account Executives to drive pipeline creation
- Maintain a proven track record of securing meetings with top-level decision makers
- Research and identify prospect Accounts and Contacts/Leads within Salesforce
- Understanding our product/service offerings, our buyer personas and the needs and pain points of Duco’s target market
- Cold-calling and cold-emailing prospects across multiple departments
- Using BANT methodology, generating and qualifying opportunities to deliver to the Sales team
- Writing and adapting call and email scripts and Salesloft cadences
- Updating and keeping detailed notes in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Brainstorming and executing new strategies to attract our target market
- Working together with the team to establish and share successful prospecting techniques
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the trends and news of our target market/industries and our competitors
- Testing and using various prospecting tools and software
This is who you’ll be working with:
- The Head of Business Development, who will be your manager
- A team of Sales Executives across the UK, US, Poland and Singapore
- Colleagues across Customer Success, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, etc.
This is where you’ll need to be:
Your work home base will be our London office. You will be expected to visit the office at least two days a week and travel to customers and events when needed.
Can you already see yourself at Duco? Fantastic!
This is what you'll need to be successful:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as being a productive team member
- Self-motivated and able to hold yourself accountable to metrics, with demonstrable success of achieving monthly / quarterly / annual targets
- Persistence to complete a high daily volume of activities, including phone, email & social channels, while maintaining a positive and energetic attitude
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Salesloft / Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo and other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads
- Great interpersonal skills with a positive and optimistic outlook, and works collaboratively
- Working knowledge of the enterprise financial software market
- Interest in the Financial Services sector, financial markets, FinTech, data automation tech, cloud computing and knowledge of current events affecting the industry
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to easily switch between creative and analytical thinking
- Willingness to learn new technology / products as required
Bonus points if you also have:
- Previous prospecting experience supporting the growth of a B2B organization, (even better if it was at a SaaS company or in within FinTech)
- 1+ years of experience or relevant internship in a sales environment and proven track record
- Some knowledge of what SaaS is, and what it means to be a SaaS company. You don’t need to have worked in one before, but make sure you’ve done your research!
- An understanding of the Financial Services industry is preferred
- Experience using sales tools such as Salesforce, Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo & more is preferred
But remember - no one is expected to be perfect!
If you aren’t sure that you have every single trait we’re looking for, please don’t let it put you off applying. We review all applications with real interest, and we believe in supporting people’s personal development and career growth. We’re not necessarily looking for ‘the perfect candidate’ with gold medals and superpowers!
This is what to expect in Duco’s hiring process:
We review applications on a rolling basis. Our interview process typically will be three steps - an initial screening, a technical assessment where you’ll have an opportunity to show off your skills and thought process, and a conversation with some colleagues and key stakeholders