Senior Operations Associate
Job location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The team you would join:
The Sun King Operations team ensures Sun King products are produced, shipped, imported, and distributed to consumers worldwide and ensures that warranty products are promptly attended to, and end-of-life products are well disposed of.
The Operations team comprises innovative, solutions-oriented people working closely with Sun King’s global and regional Research and Procurement, Sales, Finance, and Marketing teams to ensure hundreds of thousands of Sun King products reach last-mile consumers monthly.
About the role:
The Senior Operations Associate will work closely with the Operations team to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in the region.
What you would be expected to do:
- Keeping an inventory of all merchandise entering or exiting the warehouse.
- Receiving and documenting merchandise for delivery or return.
- Following up on inventory projections from the Head of Sales.
- Comparing the projections with the updated pipeline inventory.
- Preparing proforma invoice, packing lists and other sales/export documents.
- Daily invoicing of the sold-out units.
- Coordinating dispatch to ensure same day rides for overnight delivery.
- Ensuring that delivery to partners is done within the set timelines.
- Managing export to partners in Africa and other countries.
- Preparation of importation orders seamlessly.
- Ensure document compliance and appropriate Form M number.
- Ensure timely clearance by following up expeditiously on the clearance process as per the set LAs with the CHA.
- Creating Request for Quotation (RFQ) templates, sending out the RFQs to vendors/suppliers to get prices.
- Issuing Purchase Orders (PO) for products and services to selected vendors.
- Creating and maintaining reports reflecting recurring purchases as well as the prices.
- Collecting invoice from vendor after confirming all goods or services have been delivered to meet quality expectations and time (SLA).
- Processing vendor payment with finance.
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Supply chain/Purchasing and supplies/Business Management from a premier institution.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years experience, preferably in FMCG, in the supply chain line.
- Have knowledge and hands-on experience in warehousing and distribution.
- Have the ability to work with distributors, sales teams, and sales agents to ensure smooth distribution operations.
- Have knowledge and working experience with a robust ERP / WMS (knowledge of SAP materials management module is an added advantage).
- Have excellent hands-on experience using computer tools (excel /macros /v-lookup/charts /pivot table) for business.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distil information and know how to communicate to different audiences to get results.
- Reside in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Can clearly and straight to the point communicate fluently in both written and spoken English and other local languages.
We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment:
We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Sun King employees feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
Sun King recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
What to expect from us, after you submit your application:
The first step is to apply for the job opening through Sun King’s career website or by emailing your resume to one of our HR representatives. You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application. If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Sun King, and to answer any initial questions you may have.