Campaign and Content Lead - Marketing & Communications
Job location: Remote
About the role:
Are you an adept content strategist with team leadership experience? Do you possess a blend of outstanding writing flair, creativity, and meticulous attention to detail? Have you delivered strategic and impactful integrated marketing campaigns? We invite you to join Sun King, one of Africa's premier green enterprises. We're on a mission to transition thousands of homes and businesses from polluting generators and hazardous kerosene to clean, affordable solar solutions.
In this newly established role, you'll spearhead a team of content and editorial specialists within our Communications team and wider Marketing departments. Working cross-functionally with regional marketing units, data insights groups, and multimedia professionals, your mandate will be to champion Sun King's solar innovations, human impact narratives, and broader mission across primarily African and Asian markets. This will involve, primarily, delivering targeted campaigns about the benefits of solar products directed at African consumers and, to a lesser extent, government and B2B audiences.
The team you would join:
The campaign and content lead will sit within the Communications Team and support the broader Marketing Department. The incumbent will be at the helm of this dynamic group, ensuring seamless collaboration amongst a diverse array of professionals, including graphic designers, videographers, social media experts, and digital and traditional marketing strategists. Their collective aim is to elevate consumer awareness of Sun King's transformative solar products.
The team's approach is comprehensive, embracing both digital and traditional methods to initiate external-facing, public marketing and communication campaigns. Rooted in substantial industry expertise, the Communications Team brings to the fore a wealth of knowledge and a proven track record in executing inventive and impactful marketing, thought leadership and sales-led campaigns.
What you would be expected to do:
- Strategically shape and implement our creative ideation, content creation, and editorial direction, closely liaising with the Head of Communications, Head of Marketing, Digital Communications Lead, Social Media Managers, and data-centric units.
- Work with the other verticals within the Communications and Marketing teams to translate creative ideas into actionable and differentiated communication elements across different channels and touchpoints, including TV, radio, print, product packaging, billboards, flyers and so on.
- Oversee the content calendar across all business verticals.
- Collaborate with product and regional marketing groups to cater to specific content requirements, ensuring consistent and integrated communication of our offerings.
- Manage and guide a team of copywriters in crafting impactful narratives tailored for Sun King product users and professional B2B audiences.
- Uphold and refine Sun King's brand identity across all communication materials.
- Infuse storytelling into how we market, sell and promote our products to consumers, ensuring that the communications are compelling and engaging in order to drive resonance and purchase.
- Articulate compelling stories from the communities we engage with.
- Drive the content creation lifecycle, from drafting freelancer outlines and creative briefs for agencies to overseeing content integration into our CMS.
- Author and edit diverse content, ranging from blogs to social media posts, ensuring alignment with our brand ethos, style, and SEO strategies.
- Partner with our African and Asian marketing teams to create region-specific content.
- Occasionally journey to rural regions in Africa and Asia to document our impact stories.
You might be a strong candidate if you have/are:
- 6+ years of experience in the communications and marketing domain.
- Skilled in the art of creative ideation and direction, that generates strong creative content that is engaging and that can influence habits, attitudes, and behaviour.
- Exceptional copywriting prowess characterised by flawless grammar and an engaging tone.
- Adeptness in distilling intricate information into succinct messages.
- Passion for social impact.
- Strong collaborative instincts and proven leadership acumen in the marketing communications field.
- Demonstrated experience in steering a brand's content trajectory, from creation to engagement metrics.
- Deep understanding of African audiences’ communication preferences and an interest in intercultural communications and content development.
- Deep knowledge of how to work with creative agencies and creative freelancers.
- Proven experience running integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience navigating remote teams and understanding regional nuances in a global setup.
- Ability to develop rich narratives that build an interest in a brand.
- Experience translating dense technical information into clear and accessible communications.
We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment:
We believe that diversity (of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, personality type, perspective, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different) enriches innovation and our competitiveness in the market.
We strive to ensure diverse perspectives inform critical decisions, and we actively work towards ensuring all Sun King employees feel like they belong. We also know that sustaining an inclusive workplace requires conscious effort and is a continuous journey, not an end-state.
Sun King recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes individuals based on experiences and demonstrated job performance, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/AIDS status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
What to expect from us, after you submit your application:
The first step is to apply for the job opening through Sun King’s career website or by emailing your resume to one of our HR representatives. You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application. If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Sun King, and to answer any initial questions you may have.