Vice President, Enterprise Sales - Retail
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
The Vice President, Enterprise Sales - Retail position is a key leadership role that is responsible for building and managing the Company’s revenue (software & services) and leading a team of sales professionals to successfully deliver on their respective sales goals.
In this role, you will report to Senior Vice President, Enterprise Sales and work closely with the Sales peers and organization, Marketing, Business Development and Products teams to develop and implement specific strategic plans to achieve or exceed revenue targets throughout North America.
You will need to be a strong people leader, who intuitively demonstrates active listening, is incredibly responsive, provides detailed follow-though, is flexible, agile and focused in driving a growth organization and delivers a proven track record of team leadership, strong performance and outcomes. You will be a highly motivated, multi-dimensional thinker who operates not only based on important past experiences but also considers new approaches and developments that occur in the market and has the ability and desire to have an impact on the future of Icertis. This position will be remote within the US. #LI-remote.
What you will do:
- Recruit, coach, mentor, manage and lead a world class team of sales professionals North America to achieve quarterly and yearly sales targets.
- Execute and maintain a consistent and effective sales strategy.
- Interface and interact with internal stakeholders to reinforce consistency in sales vision.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development teams to gain access to target customers.
- Coach sales professionals to penetrate accounts, captivate decision makers, and overcome selling obstacles.
- Assist sales professionals in discovering new sales opportunities in North America.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with senior business leaders, General Counsel, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer that will lead to sales opportunities and new business.
- Proactively create and maintain positive and mutually profitable customer relations to help ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and customer renewals.
- Ensure that Sales department operations function smoothly, with the goal of facilitating smoothly executed sales; operational responsibilities include accurate pipeline reporting and quarterly sales forecasts.
- Inspire the direct and extended team through proper translation of corporate messaging.
- Demonstrate ability to transition from small company to large company, whether private or publicly run.
- Participate in general product strategy.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest standards in teamwork, personal accountability and mutual support.
- Possess sales aptitude, relationship building skills, technical bent of mind and a consultative sales approach.
- Demonstrate record of success in a goal oriented, highly accountable, customer centric environment.
- Identify and create new sales opportunities and manage complex sales cycle.
- Negotiate and resolve contract issues.
What you will bring:
- An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree, ideally an MBA, is highly desirable.
- The expertise of a seasoned executive with tremendous drive and intelligence who is highly motivated and possesses the ability and desire to make an impact on the future of Icertis.
- A multi-dimensional and operational mindset based not only on important past experiences but considers new approaches and developments that occur in the market.
- A minimum of 10 years of executive sales management experience in enterprise software.
- Past sales leadership experience with market leading companies that dominated their segment.
- Knowledge and experience in managing a highly complex technology sales process is essential.
- Experience in managing enterprise accounts, and growing talent to grow wallet share at customers.
- Executive level strategic thinker who possesses exceptional communication, execution and presentation skills.
- Must be highly responsive, organized, detail oriented, strong listener, customer oriented and analytical with a global mind-set.
- Must possess executive presence and the ability to liaise with media and C suite.
- Ability to prioritize company objectives and meet aggressive deadlines; outstanding team leadership and team development.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time post pandemic.
- Ability to recruit and develop world-class sales hunters.
- Demonstrating through action a performance driven mentality, demanding accountability from yourself and others.
- Motivating others and recognizing and rewarding effective behaviors and accomplishments of others.
- Leading by the company values of FORTE (Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork, Execution).
What we offer:
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
To support these commitments, Icertis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, a generous 401k match, and a robust paid time off program. Here are some of the other reasons we’ve been named a Top Company to Work for by Seattle Business Magazine for the fifth year in a row!
•Equity ( RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
•Flexible work location (role dependent)
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• 7 Days for Humanity in 2022 – paid volunteer days
• Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
• Extensive remote onboarding program and virtual employee engagement events
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.