Vice President of Investor Relations
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
With unmatched technology and category-defining innovation, Icertis pushes the boundaries of what’s possible with contract lifecycle management (CLM). The AI-powered, analyst-validated Icertis Contract Intelligence (ICI) platform turns contracts from static documents into strategic advantage by structuring and connecting the critical contract information that defines how an organization runs. Today, the world’s most iconic brands and disruptive innovators trust Icertis to fully realize the intent of their combined 10 million contracts worth more than $1 trillion, in 40+ languages and 93 countries.
Who we are: Icertis is the only contract intelligence platform companies trust to keep them out in front, now and in the future. Our unwavering commitment to contract intelligence is grounded in our FORTE values—Fairness, Openness, Respect, Teamwork and Execution—which guide all our interactions with employees, customers, partners and stakeholders. Because in our mission to be the contract intelligence platform of the world, we believe how we get there is as important as the destination
The Vice President of Investor Relations will be a trusted advisor and strategic voice on the senior leadership team, helping that group understand and evaluate decisions with input on how investors view and regard the organization. The Vice President of Investor Relations will work closely with the CFO, CEO, and management to be their voice to investors. The role is responsible for developing a best in class, proactive and strategic Investor Relations program and function for Icertis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for cultivating relationships with the investment community, educating and updating investors about the company and providing feedback to the Senior Leadership Team and Board on how the market views the organization. This position drives the internal and external communications plan surrounding investor relations and all financial communications. Furthermore, the Vice President of Investor Relations serves as a primary liaison for daily inquiries from investors and targets, develops and maintains buy-side and sell-side relationships.
The ideal candidate is a combination strategic visionary and detailed analyst, who can “see through the eyes” of multiple stakeholders and communicate the narrative effectively.
What you will do:
- What you will do:
- Develop a compelling investor relations strategy and storyline:
- Create an investor relations program, linked to Icertis’s mission, strategy, operating plan and related processes and priorities.
- Be knowledgeable about the broader Software/SaaS ecosystem and trends including key metrics and stakeholders/competitors.
- Create a compelling storyline to clearly and succinctly describe Icertis’s vision, mission, value proposition, business model and competitive differentiation.
- Raise Icertis’s profile with investor and analyst communities:
- Key point of contact for the investment community.
- Lead the IR effort to find, support, and engage with institutional investors by broadening awareness and interest through conferences, presentations, meetings, media, etc.
- Develop investor communication storylines in collaboration with Icertis’s Corporate Communications group and act as speaker on behalf of the company at investment presentations, conferences, and individual meetings.
- Collect, analyze and present feedback from investors and research analysts to identify improvement areas and messaging opportunities.
- Develop and execute a successful ongoing company investor relations function for a pre-IPO high-growth company:
- Oversee quarterly earnings process in collaboration with CEO, CFO, Finance, Communications and Legal: lead the development, editing, approval and distribution of press release and prepared remarks as well as Q&A. Build a strong culture around executive effectiveness: preparation, rehearsal, feedback and concrete suggestions for continual improvement.
- Help us navigate the IPO process.
- Own and/or contribute to other IR-related events and deliverables: annual report, proxy materials and shareholder meeting, financial analyst day, company fact book, backup materials, etc.
- Help us establish processes as a public company.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and present to senior leadership and board of directors relevant information on stock ownership mix and trends, relative performance versus peers and benchmarks as well as analyst opinions and estimates. Present ideas for enhancing shareholder base as well as promoting coverage by additional sell side analysts.
- Keep Icertis top of mind through a strategic approach to conferences and events while helping key executives prepare presentations and remarks.
- Own IR website section/content and other IR-related tools/infrastructure.
- Work with Legal, HR and Communications to develop and maintain company’s disclosure policy including training of company spokespersons regarding compliance with Regulation FD.
- Maintain relationships with stock exchange representatives.
- Collaborate with CFO to support relations with debtholders, credit analysts, and rating agencies (if/when needed).
- Collaborate with Communications on overall corporate media strategy as well as CEO and CFO media opportunities around earnings and presence at events.
What you will bring:
- Technical Experience: 10+ years of experience in investor relations, finance, equity research or strategy.
- SaaS/Software Experience: Experience within a highly successful enterprise SaaS and/or software business with $200M+ in revenues.
- Credibility and Executive Presence: Strong reputation with the investment community, based on credibility, consistency, visibility, access, and depth and breadth of knowledge. Possesses sophisticated communication skills.
- IPO/Public Market Experience: Public market experience and/or experience helping guide a company through the initial public offering process or public market readiness.
- Demonstrated values and leadership qualities that strongly align with Icertis’ core values and culture.
- Inspirational leader of people.
- Proven reputation for consistently demonstrating high ethical standards with a “lead-by-example” attitude.
- Strategic thinking: ability to create and articulate a vision that effectively anticipates business requirements and work with key stakeholders to execute that vision.
- Demonstrated ability to strike the right balance between high service levels, low risk, maximum reward, and efficient use of budget.
- Strong leadership and organizational influence as demonstrated by the ability to establish credibility quickly across the organization, and to present, defend, and sell initiatives.
- Interpersonal savvy: relates well to others, builds rapport, and effective relationships, uses tact, can diffuse high-tension situations. Can also be tough minded in a constructive way. Can get things done within the formal and informal corporate structure.
- Business judgment: the ability to effectively partner in the development and execution of business strategies. Use strong analytical capabilities and a fact-based approach to develop effective solution to business issues.
- Action orientation and drive for results with a sense of urgency to achieve measurable outcomes. Is known for getting things done and following through on commitments. Balances conceptual vision with tangible accomplishments. Strong communication and listening skills, including the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive issues. Effectively communicates with a broad spectrum of colleagues.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative, best-in-class solutions.
- Impeccable integrity, including good judgment and professionalism; a forthright approach and a willingness to give and receive open and candid feedback in order to improve leadership and ensure business success.
- Adaptability: Icertis is a fast-moving business and the successful leader will need to be comfortable with change and transformation.
What we offer:
We are committed to the health and well-being of all Icertians, their families, the communities they live in, and our customers. This commitment is represented in the Icertis “Four Rings of Responsibility”: Take Care of Self, Take Care of Family, Take Care of Community, and Take Care of Business, in that order.
To support these commitments, Icertis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, a generous 401k match, and a robust paid time off program. Here are some of the other reasons Icertis Places First in Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For | Icertis
● Equity (RSUs) and shared ownership in the company
● Flexible work environment
● Paid maternity and paternity leave
● 7 Days for Humanity – 7 paid volunteer days
● Generous holidays including the 4th of July week off – paid
● Free professional and leadership coaching
● Annual personal development allowance
Icertis, Inc. provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Icertis, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch with your recruiter.
Icertis is not open to third party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from third party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.