Engineering Team Lead
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
About the position:
As a Team Lead, you will be the technology leader for a team of frontend and backend engineers dedicated to 1 or more of our product missions. You are passionate about creating and nurturing an environment that enables people to do their best work.
In this role you will day to day be partnering with one of our Product Managers, Solution Architect and our design team, and a truly inspiring team of technical experts on various subjects (devops, data, data science, fullstack, security, …).
This is a high-impact role within OTA Insight which combines people management and technology leadership. You will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Execute and drive a development roadmap together with your team
- Build up a deep knowledge and understanding about repositories and capabilities of related teams (design, API) and advise them during developments
- Design, scope and implement complex features that may not be well defined
- Lead technology & architectural choices in your domain
- Have strong, well-founded opinions about how to build software in your domain, but be adaptable and open to new ideas
- Have a long term vision on the technical capabilities, growth and the role of the team
- Analyse and resolve problem or needs with regards to developer experience (tools for translations, debugging, performance checks etc) and works actively to improve this
- Be a technical go-to-person
- Review technical issues and escalations and take action where necessary
- Coach new engineers into understanding the technical background of your product area
- Grow a great team
- Hire, develop and coach an exceptional team of engineers.
- Coach team members on personal and professional development
- Plan and prioritise work within your domain roadmap(s), absorbing planning complexity for team members
- Make your team a better place and feel part of OTA Insight’s mission
- Partner with engineering leadership to define strategy and vision on technology, product or team-related topics and take responsibility in defining how that impacts your team
Typical Skills & Experience:
- 5 years working in a technological role
- Advanced technological skill set and a thought leader
- 2 years working in a team management role
- Comfortable delegating work through a team of both juniors and seniors
- Ability to coach their team, both the juniors and seniors
- Actively addresses problems when identified and assumes responsibility for work
- Able to lead, prioritise, delegate and inspire in an ambiguous, highly dynamic, and highly demanding technology environment
- Pragmatic in problem solving and decision making
- Is a clear communicator in decisions and the rationale behind them
Benefits of working at OTA Insight:
- The opportunity to help shape a product suite that’s used by more than 85.000 users through impactful user research
- The chance to grow and evolve a user-centred culture at a global, fast-growing scale-up
- A mandate to operationalise and democratise research through tools, training and processes
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our seven offices around the world
- Lunch, on us, every day you’re at the Ghent office
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium
- Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company
- A highly competitive compensation package, obviously
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!