Lead DevOps Engineer
At OTA Insight, we’re helping the hospitality industry with our BI solution to visualise and leverage its data in the most simple way so that they can make better revenue, distribution and marketing decisions.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We raised a series B funding and have welcomed two companies to our organisation. With 400+ people, representing 36 nationalities living in 30 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionising the hotel sector? 🚀
About the position:
We are looking for a Lead DevOps/SRE Engineer who is passionate about problem solving, scalable cloud engineering, automation and microservices, data architectures, complex data transformations, handling large data streams on the fly, and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100,000’s of hotels worldwide.
In a fast-growing scale-up priorities might shift from time to time. You’ll gain experience and ownership in different domains depending on your ambition, but here are some general topics:
- Make the lives of our 100+ engineers easier, by rethinking existing CI/CD and developer workflows and help with automation where possible.
- Automate the deployment, operation and monitoring of applications in a reproducible and scalable way.. We are fans of GitOps.
- Experiment, think about, and take ownership of our tech stack and find ways to improve it.
- Provide support to your team members and other teams in the company. We have a very open and flat structure and have a very short feedback loop.
- Research new technologies, properly determining the pro’s and con’s for our use cases.
- Setup and maintenance (think scaling, backup & restore, failover strategies ...) of our cloud infrastructure.
- Work closely with the security team, ensuring all our microservices adhere to our strict security guidelines.
- Build out monitoring/alerting systems and policies, tooling and best practices.
Technologies you’ll work with:
Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Istio, Gitlab, MySQL, Postgres, Stitch, Prometheus, Grafana, FoundationDB, Kafka, …
(feel free to ask us why these are the best fit for us)
About the team:
The OTA Insight Devops team in Gent is the glue between our different engineering teams. Its mission is to serve our BI products, with eye for uptime, performance, security and disaster recovery. The team works in close collaboration with the entire engineering team to drive initiatives forward.
Our kubernetes clusters are at the heart of our platform, today they scale up to 2000+ CPU’s! They power our CI/CD, data acquisition, data transformations and serve our web applications and API’s. This translates to 2500+ pods spread over 800 workloads.
We process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
- Extensive experience with Cloud architecture & Operations
- Excellent development abilities in at least one scripting language: Python, Bash, …
- Strong design, coding and debugging skills
- Excellent control of GIT SCM
- Experience with cloud platforms and containerization (Kubernetes/GKE)
- Experience with Linux
- You operate in a similar mindset as we do: You set a high bar for yourself, and expect others to do the same. You are creative, entrepreneurial and open to innovation. You are a critical thinker who understands that perfect is the enemy of the good. You work well in a team, but don’t mind getting your hands dirty.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with any part of our existing tech stack
- Experience with Golang
- Affinity with big data analytics
- Affinity with secure development lifecycle principles
Benefits of working at OTA Insight:
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 75.000 users rely on world-wide;
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up;
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our offices;
- Two annual Detox Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company;
- A choose-your-own transportation budget should you choose to come to the office;
- A highly competitive compensation package.
At OTA Insight, we champion diversity, equity, and inclusion to cultivate our #bestteamever. As such, we do not take a “cookie-cutter” approach to hiring the best talent and invite all candidates interested in joining our team to apply. Have you discovered one of our roles, but do not meet all the listed qualifications? No worries! Please apply and our talent acquisition team will be happy to review your application to try and find the best fit for you!