Business Development Manager - Business Intelligence APAC
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Business Development Manager - Business Intelligence. This individual will be based out of our office in Singapore. We also welcome remote employees for this role.
- Source potential client opportunities via cold calling, (cold) emailing campaigns and through interaction with professional industry network groups
- Build, organize and execute a business development plan to achieve business aims and sales targets
- Utilize and develop innovative strategies to maximize results and win over challenging targets
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner
- Preparation of accurate quotes, development and presentation of proposals to clients in a professional and confident manner.\
- Organization of online (WebEx webinar) or personal product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Maintain accurate records of your business development activities on Lighthouse's CRM system
- Achieve sales KPI's and targets
- Sales to be finalized in a timely manner, with a focus being placed on being proactive
- Maintain regular contact with prospective clients and new accounts
- Continue to identify upgrade opportunities with the existing client base and generate new sales from these organizations
- Contract negotiation as required, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and Lighthouse profit margins
- Ensure all documentation is complete post sales to set up trials, and to move the client to a subscription
- Provide client feedback on products to the Product Development team so that products can be reviewed in line with the feedback
- Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences and organize regional road shows as required
- Demonstrate commitment to the team, to ensure the team achieves its goals, objectives and SLA's
- Adopt the relevant processes, procedures and policies to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to
- Where necessary identify shortfalls in the process and procedures and suggest process improvements
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or other relevant field
- You have 2+ years relevant experience in business development in the hospitality business, or with a SaaS company
- You are comfortable navigating software and conducting webinars/tutorials
- You have a focused, “hunter” mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business to the company
- You have experience with SalesForce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools
- Of course, you have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrates a high level of diplomacy
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.