Data Science Team Lead
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
Last year was our 10 year anniversary and it was a big one! We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
What you will do:
We are looking for a Data Science Team Lead who is passionate about driving innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement within their team and the wider organisation and wants to see their work translated into real life applications that impact 100.000’s of hotels worldwide.
Where you will have impact:
- Lead and manage a team of data scientists to explore and develop new products for the hospitality industry.
- Assist with the onboarding of new joiners and engage in the recruitment process for new hires in your or other teams.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate them into data-driven solutions.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, analytics, and marketing.
- Communicate complex data science concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Set team goals and ensure they are aligned with company objectives.
- Collaborate on developing and implementing data science best practices and processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest data science technologies and methodologies.
- Drive a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
About our team:
The Lighthouse Data R&D team is a team within our wider engineering team. Its mission is to maximise the power of data to create data driven culture in the industry and inside Lighthouse by providing support to existing solutions and drive innovation to reach our company and product goals.
The team works in close collaboration with our Product team, as well as a highly talented group of software engineers, devops engineers, and project managers to drive initiatives forward. We have offices in Ghent and Brussels, and as an engineer, you'll find most of your peers there (unless they're working from home or remote).
Today we process billions of data points and +100TB of data on a daily basis, containing hotels' pricing information, search data, hotel bookings, etc. All of that using modern technologies. Being a growth company enables us to regularly attract new and interesting datasets, which can unlock new product directions.
What's in it for you:
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or, if you live nearby, at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited time off: we believe in providing our employees with the flexibility and autonomy to manage their work-life balance effectively
- A motivation to deliver your best work as we have built a high-bar and very talented team of individuals that are friendly, creative, open-minded, and passionate about what they do
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realise their full career potential
- A mandate to operationalize and democratise research through tools, training, and processes
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- A choose-your-own mobility budget when you’re based in Belgium or a company car
- Extensive health insurance packages for you and your dependents prioritising our employees' holistic well-being and healthcare needs
- Private pension funding through group insurance
- A compensation that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in a data science role, with at least 1 year of experience in a leadership role;
- High-energy professional with a passion for data, attention to detail, and a positive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate complex data science concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage and mentor a team of data scientists;
- Strong experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, and data visualisation;
- Solid relational modelling (SQL) and programming skills (preferably in Python);
- Good software engineering practices, e.g. use of version control;
- Strong analytical mindset and problem solving skills;
- Fluent in English;
- EU Work Permit.
- Experience working with Product and Engineering teams at high growth companies to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, productionize recommendations;
- Experience solving problems with real-world data;
- Experience with data engineering frameworks like Airflow and GCP solutions like BQ and VertexAI.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.