Sales Development Representative APAC
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we’re on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series B funding and welcomed two companies to our organization. With 500+ teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector? 🚀
What You Will Do
We are expanding rapidly and are looking for full-time Sales Development Representatives based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Sales Development Representative’s (SDR) primary responsibility will be to drive growth through qualifying leads for the Business Development Managers.
As an SDR, you will be the first impression between key hotel brands and Lighthouse. You will have the business-critical role of spreading awareness of Lighthouse across the industry and getting a foot in the door with prospective clients, ultimately building our sales pipeline. You will also have the opportunity to help Lighthouse refine and expand upon our Sales Development function – this is a new team, and we are looking for creative go-getters to join us during this exciting time!
Where You Will Have Impact
- Conduct research on key contacts in the hospitality industry, specifically hotel chains and their management companies.
- Use news, industry trends, and company updates to put together well-crafted messaging for key contacts.
- Make outbound calls, send LinkedIn messages, and craft highly personalised emails to prospective clients. This role will require maintaining a high volume of activities while maintaining the highest quality of outreach.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities for Lighthouse.
- Identify the needs of prospective clients, and qualify both inbound and outbound leads.
- Get prospects excited to meet with Business Development Managers, as well as executing a strong handoff to the sales team.
- Work closely with Lighthouse’s Marketing team to generate leads and follow up with prospective clients after trade shows, webinars, and other events and campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally with Regional Sales Managers, Business Development Managers, and the marketing team to optimise Lighthouse’s sales process and win rate.
Who You Are
- High energy with a passion for building relationships and connecting with people.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organised, with a strong attention to detail.
- A desire to pursue a career in sales.
- Strong prioritisation skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated coachability and a desire for continuous improvement.
- A Bachelor's degree in communication, business management,..or equivalent 1-2 years experience in an outbound sales position.
- English is required along with one other language, ideally Japanese or Chinese.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience as an SDR, or in sales (not required)
- Experience using CRM-tool such as Salesforce is considered a plus.
- Experience in the hospitality sector is a plus.
About Our Team
Join our dynamic Revenue team of over 130 sales professionals globally, represented in 24 countries, who are passionate about driving revenue and expanding our market share in the hospitality industry. As a large department with various roles, our team offers many opportunities for growth and career development. Our team works closely with customers, (including hotels, chains, STR and more) to help them achieve their revenue goals. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of professionals, learn from experienced leaders, and contribute to the success of our organisation.
What’s In It For You
- We offer you a highly competitive Total Reward package to reflect and demonstrate the true value of being part of #BestTeamEver with focus on compensation; benefits; development & culture that gets reevaluated every year.
- “A day about you, away from your computer” is the motto for our extra annual Detox Days.
- As hard working professionals, we trust in your sense of responsibility so no micromanaging but a flexible work environment.
- Our rockstar office manager takes care of us at all times: lactose-free cappuccinos, vegan snacks and even a hairdresser from time to time!
- Are you sad to leave your dog at home while you’re at work? We feel you! Use our puppy-schedule so we ensure a dog-friendly office with lots of cuddles and play time!
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.