Senior Partnership Manager - Nordic region
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
The Senior Partnerships Manager has the opportunity to help grow Owkin’s partnerships with academic players through AI research project collaborations, mainly in oncology and cardiovascular.
As a Senior Partnerships Manager, you will have to develop from scratch and lead partnerships with academic players to secure Owkin’s access to multimodal datasets. With 15 partnerships already contracted in Europe and in the US with the most prestigious medical and research centers (e.g. APHP, Gustave Roussy, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, King’s College London among others), our ambition is to triple this number a year from now. Your main responsibility will be to support this fast expansion locally.
Owkin is looking to fill in several open positions for the Nordic region you will report to the local Director of Partnerships and work directly with scientific, legal and IT teams.
In particular, you will:
- Leverage your own network in oncology to develop Owkin’s network expansion and strengthen relationships with KOLs
- Identify academic researchers and institutes to explore potential collaborations with
- Lead day to day engagement with these academic partners to develop long term collaborations
- Maintain academic partner account relationships and processes
- Lead negotiations of contract terms with legal teams, with support from Owkin’s legal team
- Act as the voice of our partners to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, and identify new potential product offerings
- Actively participate in developing Owkin’s partnership development strategy, in close collaboration with other Owkin teams
- Interact with pharmas business development to drive the sales strategy
- Interact with the R&D team to develop skills in machine learning for biomedical data
- Represent Owkin at local and international conferences
- Build with the marketing and communication team a local footprint
- According to your territory of responsibilities, you will be attached to one of our offices but work with a local contract in full remote from one of the countries you are in charge of.
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, or Master / PhD, in biology, bioinformatics, biological engineering or similar) OR degree from business school and experience in biomedical research, pharmaceutical companies, etc.
- Good level of experience in healthcare business, developing business in a pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology firm or biomedical institution working with academic biomedical research institutions or experience in hospital/academic centers innovation office or technology transfer office, ideally both.
- Ideally, experience in clinical trials and drug development in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work in an international context
- Passion about innovation, information technology and analytics
- Strategic vision
- Ability to prioritize and to juggle multiple work streams
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and the local language of the countries you will be in charge of.
- Authorization to work legally in Europe or US, according to territory
- Flexibility to travel for partnership meetings and conferences
- A good candidate will understand data privacy and legal context for Europe or US, according to territory
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Master's Degree
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?