VP Business Development
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About Diagnostics at Owkin
Our ambition is to potentiate precision diagnosis in oncology with artificial intelligence applied to digital pathology. Pathology slide images, taken from biopsied or resected tissues, are a yet-untapped, ultra-high dimensional data modality that offer a huge potential for deep learning application to better understand disease, optimize patient care & improve treatment decisions.
We have for instance developed two products based on AI and digital pathology to tackle major challenges in precision oncology:
The first one is about evaluating the risk of relapse in early breast cancer for a better adaptation of the therapeutic strategy. The second one is about decreasing the burden of MSI screening for patients with Colorectal cancer. If detected, the MSI phenotype leads to a very specific care pathway with a treatment based on immunotherapy improving the chance of survival for the patient.
We are now looking to fill an outstanding role - VP Business Development - to lead US business growth for our digital pathology diagnostics, be the face of this business in the US and form strategic partnerships that grow our footprint on the US market.
About the role:
- Contribute to product approval and launch in the US
- Identify new areas of business opportunity
- Create strategic partnerships for the Dx business - whether be it academics for large scale collaborations, scanner providers, IMS or LMS providers or any third party that we might benefit from integrating with or distributing with to accelerate go to market
- Work with marketing to map ecosystem clients and partners, competitive landscape and competitors' strategies
- Define the US go to market strategy
- Work with SVP Product & Regulatory and Chief Diagnostics officer on overall US product vision and strategy
- Be the voice of the US market for Owkin Diagnostics
- Travel to visit customers and attend trade shows in the US
You will join a fast-growing, well-funded company with real potential to make an impact on the lives of patients.
Position is based out of one of our offices or remotely.Please note that working hours for this role need to be aligned with the CET or ET time zone.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or medical device related field required
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in scientific field (e.g. biology, biotechnology, software engineering)
- You are hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, and articulate
- You are familiar with diagnostics and molecular testing
- You have business acumen and a natural capacity to build relationships
- Experience with digital pathology or novel AI diagnostics is a strong plus
- You are fluent in English
- You are passionate about innovative research, AI and the future of precision medicine
- You possess a good sense of humor, integrity and professionalism
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Full-Time
- Education Level:Bachelor's Degree
- Possible full remote
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?