Product Management and Operations Intern
Owkin exists to find the right treatment for every patient. Our focus is to use artificial intelligence to discover and develop better treatments for unmet medical needs, starting with the fight against cancer.
In November, Owkin became a 'unicorn' - a startup worth more than $1 billion - through a $180 million investment from pharmaceutical company Sanofi. As a result, we are now looking for the brightest and best talent to help us to go even further in achieving our mission.
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Our vision is to provide actionable data to power AI-driven biomedical research by building Europe's reference Federated Research Network. This network enables cross-functional collaboration between biomedical researchers and data scientists in privacy-preserving setting.
As a Product Management and Operations Intern, you will contribute directly towards this objective, by conceiving, building and delivering this network. You will work closely with the Product and Engineering teams and report directly to the Product Manager.
In particular, you will:
- Collect user feedbacks, specify and prioritize users needs
- Understand competitors landscape and Owkin positioning
- Investigate new product development opportunities
- Contribute to defining product development priorities and roadmap
- Ensure prioritized features are developed, in close collaboration with the UI/UX designer and software engineers
- Organize demo and onboarding sessions for new users
- Monitor product usage metrics
- Implement tools and automations to improve the team’s ways of working
Start date: August-September 2023
Position is based in our Paris or Nantes offices.
Required qualifications / experience:
- You are enrolled in a Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business;
- You are a problem solver, you combine analytical and practical sensibilities, with a keen attention to detail;
- You are highly adaptable and a fast learner;
- You enjoy working in teams and are able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients. You are able to interact with people of different backgrounds;
- You have excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English and in French;
- You have basic knowledge of Machine Learning, web architecture, software development
- You have a general understanding of the healthcare sector
What we offer
- Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please attach a CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn. However, further
- communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though Recruitment platforms (WelcomeKit, talent.io, hidden.market, Fifty Talent or Hiresweet);
- Legitimate Owkin recruiters will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (such as Google Meets or Highfive). They will never occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Legitimate Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format. Owkin may request some personal information to initiate the hiring process, but this will be through protected means.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn and the website https://owkin.com/team/
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.welcomekit.co/
- contact the following authorities:
- Contract Type:Internship
- Education Level:Master's Degree
Sounds like something made for you?
Something looks off?