Senior Alliances Manager
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
To ensure the success and growth of our strategic alliance in terms of delivery, client satisfaction, legal compliance and financial impact.
Key activities :
- Accountable for the Alliance overall success (client satisfaction, scientific milestone achievement, etc)`
- Build and sustain relationships with senior executives.
- Responsible for a portfolio (2 to 9) of research projects
- Oversee the legal & financial terms of the alliance (revenue recognized, milestone achieved, investment made)
- Promote effective and impactful communication with our partner (steering committees, reporting, individual stakeholders management...)
Interactions with other teams:
- Work closely with the senior scientific teams (Biomarker & Target Identification Leads), project teams (Project Managers, Researchers), business teams (Key Account Manager) to manage the Alliance
- Support the marketing/communications strategy to develop the notoriety of our partnership internal & externally with the communication team
- Manage the alliance PnL with the finance team
Required qualifications / experience:
- A good level of experience in managing high-stakes alliances, partnerships or engagements within the medical, pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- PhD, Masters degree or BS in computer science (machine learning, applied mathematics, computer science, software engineering) or life sciences (MD, PharmD, biology, bioinformatics, biological engineering…)
- A general understanding of life science data-driven research projects (ex. experience in Biostatistics, Machine Learning or Deep Learning algorithms & methodologies)
- Proven experience in developing trust-based relationships with our clients and teams, both at the senior and operational levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and meticulous about details; capable of tackling complex problems logically and effectively;
- Excited to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Passionate about the intersections of Healthcare and AI
- Fluent in English
The position requires occasional travel across Europe and in the USA.
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: