EU Head of Partnerships
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Reporting to SVP Partnerships, the EU Head of Partnerships leads the growth of Owkin’s data network by structuring the local European efforts and aligning at a central level. The incumbent will contribute to the definition of the strategy to accelerate and scale the data access and support the efforts of the team to forge deep relationships with EU-based academic research centres, national & European initiatives and disease registries. This data network is crucial to the integrity and power of Owkin's R&D platform supporting drug discovery and AI Diagnostics development, as well as the commercial success of Bio-Pharma strategic partnerships.
The preferred candidate will be a skilled and experienced team leader capable of balancing strategic growth opportunities with scientific rigour. The strategic objective will involve both strengthening existing relationships, as well as identifying, nurturing and establishing new partnerships to further the growth and enrichment of Owkin's technology offering and commercial reach.
This individual will lead a team of partnership directors and managers focusing on data network development in Europe.
In particular, you will:
- Structure and optimize the team opportunities for data network growth by building deals with hospitals and data providers,
- Negotiate the legal and business terms of any contract with data providers to drive success and lead the deals execution,
- Lead the definition of the data access strategy in Europe and drive engagements with these data partners, with the aim of developing long term collaborations securing access to high quality multimodal data,
- Lead the development of the EU network of data by offering relevant opportunities to its members
- Maintain academic account relationships and processes leading to productive and mutually beneficial partnerships, with a special focus on reducing the time of access and on improving the data quality,
- Foster a business-driven mindset of decreasing investment and optimizing time
To succeed in this role, you’re likely to be able to demonstrate:
- A mixture of scientific and business experience with strong educational (MSc, PhD, MBA), coupled with professional experience in life science
- Experience leading a team of approximately 10 people, ideally multicultural teams
- A substantive understanding of the healthcare data space, including proven experience with clinical, histology and genomics data.
- An excellent understanding of ethics and regulatory aspects around health data
- Proven track record of leading strategic data initiatives, including strategy formulation and implementation
- A documented track record of establishing partnerships with healthcare organisations including research centres, hospitals, biopharma and diagnostics.
- Excellent negotiation skills of legal and business terms in contractual agreements
- Strategic and agile mindset, curious and can-do attitude with strong ability to operate in ambiguous environments.
- A sense of urgency and business priorities, as well as a high level of resilience
- A collaborative mindset to work transversally internally and externally
This role require European travel 20% and can be based in our Paris, Nantes or London offices, or remotely within Europe.
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: