Immunologist Scientist/Senior Scientist
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin is currently recruiting an Immunology Scientist to join our expanding operations team. The successful candidate will be a driven, experienced cancer immunologist who is enthusiastic about investigating novel biological mechanisms and potential therapeutic targets and drugs to treat cancer.
The best person for this role has the capacity to think creatively and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and proactively in multi-disciplinary collaborations involving a high level of teamwork. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your in-depth knowledge and technical hand-on skills to our growing BioMedical department and support Owkin's discovery pipeline
In particular, you will:
- Contribute to develop experimental plans for validating the therapeutic potential of novel target genes and drugs
- Isolate and characterize immune cells from human blood and tissues using cellular and molecular techniques (flow cytometry, imaging, multiplex assays, qPCR, RNA-seq, etc.)
- Conduct cellular-based assays and in vitro functional experiments (cytotoxicity, cytokine release,..)
- Collaborate with other scientists to develop and characterize co-culture methods for 2D and 3D cancer disease modeling
- Conduct assay development on your area of expertise (immuno-assays) and provide input to optimize workflows
- Analyze, interpret data and present results in team meetings
- Maintain accurate electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion
- Train, mentor and contribute to building the experimental team
Position is based in our laboratory Paris 14.
Required qualifications / experience:
- PhD or equivalent in Immunology.
- Postdoctoral and/or industrial experience is a plus
- Experience in isolating and handling primary tumor and blood derived cells
- Hands-on experience with immunology and cell biology techniques: 10+ color flow cytometry, luminex-based assays, small molecule/biologics interventional assays, qPCR, RNA/DNA extraction
- Hands-on experience with primary tumor models (2D and/or 3D)
- Hands-on experience with in vitro immune cell differentiation, maturation and stimulation protocols
- Experience conducting gene modulation experiments ( e.g. CRISPR Cas-9/RNAi) in immune cells is a plus
- A practical understanding of assay optimization to enable generation of reproducible cellular assays
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of immunology and comprehension of crucial steps of target and drug discovery
- Curiosity: you enjoy understanding how pieces fit together in the larger, complex system
- Able to scout for scientific and technical developments in your area of expertise
- Strong communications skills and ability to present research succinctly
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments independently
- Great attention to detail with excellent record keeping skills
- Capable of interacting effectively across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise
- Ability to fit and thrive in a continuously-learning and supportive work environment
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: