Data Portfolio Intern
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
The Data Portfolio Intern has the opportunity to contribute to the Sales & Partnerships activities. You’ll be at the heart of our operations, helping different teams work efficiently together.
You’ll work directly with the COO team and have a unique opportunity to understand how a fast-growing company is managed, and which indicators are key to success.
In particular, you will:
- Help us design and accelerate Data research through data access tools from various sources (online info, data analytics companies, databases)
- Help build a comprehensive “dataset catalog tool” in collaboration with other business units
- Design new KPIs and dashboards and monitor existing ones. For that, you will have to understand the key issues of different stakeholders and convert them into relevant KPIs
- For the duration of the internship, you will need to structure our existing assets and tools towards an harmonized version that will be used by the whole company
- Generate insights on our assets and your research by providing strategic and actionable recommendations
- Contribute to the update process of our CRM tool and develop its integration with all our softwares and tools
- Coordinate strategic thinking on Owkin’s assets and how to best leverage them
- Work with very different profiles: data scientists, key account managers, Product managers, sales, OPs, etc
Position is based in our Paris office.
Required qualifications / experience:
- Bachelor / Master, from an Engineering/Business school
- You have some product marketing strategy knowledge
- You enjoy reading and analyzing scientific literature about innovation and medical discoveries
- You are highly adaptable and a fast learner with the ability to multitask
- You enjoy working in teams and are able to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients. You are able to interact with people of different backgrounds
- You have a natural capacity to build relationships
- You have excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English and in French
- You are hands-on, experienced, proactive, independent, articulate and possess a good sense of humor, integrity and professionalism.
- You have a strong interest for innovative research and Artificial Intelligence, the future of clinical research and medicine and passion for solving the biggest problems in health.
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of recruiters on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: