Senior Lab Technician (High Content Imaging)
Owkin is an AI biotechnology company that uses AI to find the right treatment for every patient. We combine the best of human and artificial intelligence to answer the research questions shared by biopharma and academic researchers. By closing the translational gap between complex biology and new treatments, we bring new diagnostics and drugs to patients sooner.
Owkin has raised over $300 million and became a unicorn through investments from leading biopharma companies (Sanofi and BMS) and venture funds (Fidelity, GV and BPI, among others).
Owkin is seeking the best and brightest to join our fast-growing and dynamic team.
About the role:
Owkin is currently recruiting a highly motivated and skilled senior technician to join our laboratory team. The successful candidate will be a driven, experienced cell/molecular biologist who is enthusiastic about leveraging state-of-the-art techniques and developing translational in vitro preclinical assays/models to validate therapeutic targets and deliver high quality multi-omics data.
The best person for this role is exceptionally rigorous and meticulous in experimental execution and has a demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary collaborations involving a high level of teamwork. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your in-depth knowledge and technical hand-on skills to our growing biomedical operations team and support Owkin's discovery pipeline.
In particular, you will:
- Carry out cell line and patient-derived cell culture (2D and 3D) following established SOPs
- Perform image acquisition & analysis using high content analysis systems (experience with Yokogawa CellVoyager or similar systems is a plus).
- Execute general molecular and cellular biology techniques (RNA/DNA isolation, RT-PCR, Flow Cytometry, IHC/IF staining and imaging acquisition,...)
- Execute genetic and drug perturbations experiments to study novel oncology/immuno-oncology candidate targets
- Conduct assay development and optimization together with senior lab members
- Contribute to the SOP writing and updating
- Maintain accurate records in a timely fashion and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc. Manage and update LIMS/ELN inventories and databases.
- Report experimental results orally within the lab team and across functions.
- Be responsible for monitoring the maintenance of certain general lab equipment.
- Contribute to building a cohesive and highly performing experimental team
Position is based in our Paris Labs, Paris 14th arrondissement
Education & Experience:
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent degree such as BTS, DUT, Licence) in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, biochemistry, biotechnology or related disciplines. PhD is a plus.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in an industrial setting.
- High-content cell-based imaging assays, phenotypic assays, data analysis, QC and visualization.
- Isolating and handling primary tumor derived cells and performing flow cytometry based assays (apoptosis assays, cell cycle determination and multicolor staining)
- Classical molecular biology techniques (cloning, PCR, RT-qPCR, Western Blot)
- 3D model systems (matrix-attached models, spheroids and/or organoids) using primary cells is a plus
- Implementing gene modulation experiments using transfection/electroporation techniques in cell lines or primary cells, e.g. CRISPR Cas-9/RNAi is a plus
- Plate-based cell viability and cytotoxic assays is a plus
- A practical understanding of assay optimization to enable generation of reproducible and robust assays
Skills & Competencies:
- General understanding of cancer biology and comprehension of crucial steps in early steps of target validation
- Curiosity: you enjoy understanding how pieces fit together in the larger, complex system
- Able to scout for technical developments in the area of cell imaging (HCI)
- Strong communications skills and ability to present research succinctly
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot experiments independently
- Great attention to detail with excellent record keeping skills
- Capable of interacting effectively across interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise
What we offer
- Flexible work organization and access to remote work
- Friendly and informal working environment
- Opportunity to work with an international team with high technical and scientific backgrounds
Recruitment Process & Security
- Please complete the form and submit your CV.
- Owkin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- Owkin is a great place to work. Unfortunately, being a coveted workplace means we are vulnerable to recruitment phishing scams. We urge all job seekers and candidates to be wary of potential scams. Most of these have individuals posing as representatives of prominent companies, including Owkin, with the aim of obtaining personal, sensitive, or financial information from applicants. These scams prey upon an individual’s desire to obtain a job and can sometimes “feel” like a genuine recruitment process. Some red flags are identified below. Should you encounter a recruitment process that claims to be for Owkin but is not consistent with the below, please do not provide any personal or financial information:
- Legitimate Owkin recruitment processes include communication with candidates through recognized professional networks, such as LinkedIn.
- Communication is always through an official Owkin email address (from the @owkin.com domain), over the phone or though our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- The Owkin talent team do use platforms such as LinkedIn and Job Teaser, however if you have any concern or doubt about this contact, please ask for them to send an email from @Owkin.com.
- The Owkin talent team will not solicit personal data from candidates during the application phase including, but not limited to, date of birth, social security numbers, or bank account information;
- Legitimate Owkin interviews may be conducted over the phone, in person, or via an approved enterprise videoconferencing service (Google Meets). They will not occur via Signal, Telegram or Messenger
- Owkin offers of employment are based on merit and only extended once a candidate has interviewed with members of the talent and hiring team. Offers will be extended both verbally and in written format.
If you think that you have been a victim of fraud,
- Check the identity of the talent team on LinkedIn.
- Check the existence of the position on our website https://owkin.com/hiring
- contact the following authorities: